ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remove air con from full fat

It baffles me why, anyone who had aircon wouldn't use it.

You must of been in the car and gone.... ' f**k me its baking in here'

LOL totally oddball.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Heres what you should have posted

Give GDI a call. Andy runs the place hes a great bloke he must have done this conversion to at least another 50 cars. Did I tell you hes got a single TB monster clio at least 240bhp spanks most things on the road blah I have a GDI ITB car blah blah its got 240bhp blah blah blah I raced a scooby the other day blah blah blah blah blah.......................

PMSL!!

M

mini-valver

Mines being removed, needs custom brackets, shorter belt and all that shizzle. Well worth taking the weight and resistance off the engine if you're planning on tuning it. My car wont be fast but it'll definately benefit from removing it.
I never used it before so I wont miss it.

Jesus, will you be removing yours or keeping it?

my aircon went when the bodies went in. you cant run the Mk2's with aircon with ITB's unless you put shorter trumpets in... but they make less power, so then it's a case of you may as well save your cash and get a larger single bodied conversion. would be nice to have both, but I dont want some dodgy compromise conversion, I dont know anywhere that does it or if it's even possible tbh.

cup 182 mit stripes
What's the broken arm going to do for you getting your 'mystery conversion' completed, mini-valver?

M

mini-valver

I'll tighten everything when I get there I suppose ;)

Without sounding like a shameless plug, Ben is making an ITB setup to run air-con IIRC.....

I'll tighten everything when I get there I suppose ;)

Without sounding like a shameless plug, Ben is making an ITB setup to run air-con IIRC.....

Without also wanting to sound mean Ben's business is unlikely to be around that long if he cant even afford to pay his staff. I'd start considering options

M

mini-valver

Reported. His business is his business mate. Products and services can be discussed but going into personal finances is'nt fair. Even by your standards, lol.

LMAO, oh it's funny how you love to give it out about GDI, but when it comes to poor little Ben it's gone too far. Well, this comes from his staff mate, I'm just the messenger and I've not 'gone into' his personal finances, there's no mention of money. That's like me reporting you for saying it looks like Sony are going bust... get real.

M

mini-valver

When have I ever made a dig about GDI's finances? Angelworks are comparable to Sony now then? Get real......

No mention of money? You really do talk s**t! "cant even afford to pay his staff" What else do you pay people with? Apart from Andy with handjobs I can only think of money.

not finances, you're comments are mainly aimed towards ability, so if you want to be anal (not give anal, so poor some cold water on it ;) ) then what's really worse, defamatory remarks with no basis or something you can find out by going to his workshop? ;)

Don't worry though, GDI are across the road, I'm sure you can push it there with some help ;)

M

mini-valver

not finances, you're comments are mainly aimed towards ability, so if you want to be anal (not give anal, so poor some cold water on it ;) ) then what's really worse, defamatory remarks with no basis or something you can find out by going to his workshop? ;)

Don't worry though, GDI are across the road, I'm sure you can push it there with some help ;)

I'm confused. Are you suggesting your above comments are "defamatory remarks with no basis"? That's what your arguement suggests?

I find it funny that you get shut down all the time :rasp:

I'm confused. Are you suggesting your above comments are "defamatory remarks with no basis"? That's what your arguement suggests?

I find it funny that you get shut down all the time :rasp:

uh? Sorry, I'm struggling at coming to terms with your stupidity... hang on a minute, I just need to have a strong drink to reduce my mental capacity to have a conversation with you... okay. Ready.

what I'm saying is that I have had lots of experience of both, you have not, therefore your comments regarding GDI have no basis and are basically based on heresay. You with me so far young man? Continuing... my information comes from a slightly more reliable source than a dubious jealous small time competitor who will tell you anything to get your money. So why on earth would I cite my own comments as defamotory? lol

M

mini-valver

You hop from one thing to another! You mention money, then deny it and go off on another tangent about my comments on GDI, which, You'll find I have NEVER slated them, just made reference to people's experiences.
You mention drink alot, I always wondered why people were so fond of GDI's tea ;)

good god, you're come backs are cringe worthy... hang on, I have a phone call to take...

it's your keyboard, it just told me to tell you to stop pressing keys as you're embarrassing it!

Clio 172 mk2
And back to aircon

Wouldn't it also b**ger the resale value of the car?

Okay in a cup which isn't supposed to have it but people do buy FF clios for the toys.

Also be crap having buttons on the dash that don't work when pressed lol

what I'm saying is that I have had lots of experience of both,

Going round to GDI every weekend and sucking Andy off doesnt give you experience of GDI. You actually have to have work done on your car to claim that.

LOL, oh dear Mark, you dont give up do you? That's odd though, your missus says you give up straight away in the bedroom... well, she actually said you f**k like a moped... 2 strokes

Going round to GDI every weekend and sucking Andy off doesnt give you experience of GDI. You actually have to have work done on your car to claim that.

LOL, oh dear Mark, you dont give up do you? That's odd though, your missus says you give up straight away in the bedroom... well, she actually said you f**k like a moped... 2 strokes

So I shag my missus badly and you suck a middle aged mans c**k.....

And back to aircon

Wouldn't it also b**ger the resale value of the car?

Okay in a cup which isn't supposed to have it but people do buy FF clios for the toys.

Also be crap having buttons on the dash that don't work when pressed lol

My car is past having a good resale value. Cams, standalone ECU, coilovers, battery relocation etc. Removing air con will be quite a minor thing. Although after some research not cheap.

M

mini-valver

Definately worth it though, circa 40kg's lighter?? Less turning resistance. Can only be a good thing!

J

Jim NM

I don't like aircon as it makes me feel like I have a cold. But it is ideal for clearing misty windows on a damp day. I run the air con once a week only (or if the windows need demisting). it is handy to have in winter too as it is usually wet as you will know ( British weather)
If you are doing track days there will be an advantage removing it. No point if you don't do the track really.IMO