ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remove Fuel Injectors

Renault Kangoo 1.2
could anyone guide me how to remove the fuel injectors from a kangoo 1.2 engine
its rail is behind a large top bit.

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
if it's like a 172, that large top bit is a aluminium casting there to stop the fuel rail getting smashed in a frontal impact. It's held on with two nuts onto studs that are in deep recesses (counterbores) in the front of the casting. 10mm socket on an extension, undo them, pull it off. Once off, unbolt fuel rail, and pull it off. If it's not been off in forever and a day, it'll be stiff as f*** to get off.

Renault Kangoo 1.2
top.jpg

Top Down

Flat Eric

Sing Hosanna!!
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
That’s inlet manifold
They’ll be some more bolts for that across the part
Either side of the branches of the manifold

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
I'm not trying to be offensive here, but what are you actually trying to do? If you're struggling this much with pulling the intake manifold off and getting to the injector rail, I'd worry a little about your ability to put it back together properly without it leaking. Last thing you need is fuel leaking out into your engine bay tbh. Please don't take this the wrong way, I just don't want you to end up in a bit of a pickle.

Renault Kangoo 1.2
i just want instruction of how it comes off. i can do it perfectly fine just cant work out how the manifold comes away to let me get the injection rail and injectors out

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
In that case, you might have more luck on the renaultforums.co.uk since most people on here are Clio RS owners. I presume the manifolds are the same as a mk2 clio 1.2, so you might get some luck though. Sorry I can't help.