ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

removing bumpstrips thread..

Punto/Clio GTT
Main tools required

10mm socket
Extension bar (assortment)
Ratchet
Flat head screwdriver (assortment)
Torx bits (assortment)
10mm spanner

Rear door trim

To start with we will do the side strips, the rear side ones are nice and easy, open the door and slide the strip forwards to remove it, use only your hands, this clip on the back is the main one that holds it on,(1) do not use any tools to do it as you will damage the exterior.(2)
(1)
DSCF0330.gif
(2)
DSCF0332.gif

Front door trim

The front ones are slightly more time consuming but nothing major, open the door and on the inside there is a small rubber covering it, (3) remove this and you will see the door trim from the inside,(4) press the lower clip outwards and slide the front door strips towards the back and it will then pop off.

(3)
DSCF0333.gif
(4)
DSCF0335.gif

Repeat this process for the other side.

Rear spoiler

This is one is pretty self explanatory once you open the boot lid but will show you anyway. Once the boot lid is open you will see two small screws either end of the boot and 2 in the centre (5), undo these then shut the boot. Now carefully pull the spoiler up to pop it off the clips, be careful not to break them but they are very brittle so you may need to pop down to Renault. (6) Disconnect the washer jet and the rear brake light.

(5)
DSCF0340.gif
(6)
DSCF0341.gif

To do the front and rear trim the bumpers do not have to be taken off, however I recommend you do so to stop you scratching anything or causing any marks, etc. It may take slightly more time but is well worth it.

Rear bumper trim (wheel arch liners needs removing-1 10mm bolt, 2 torx bolts)

First remove the bumper,(7) 2 10mm bolts underneath, 2 10mm bolts either side under the wheel arch (8) and 2 torx bolts just above the bumper once you open the boot lid. Once these are all undone slowly pull the bumper towards yourself, before pulling it completely away disconnect the rear number plate light. I suggest you lay the bumper down on something soft so it does not scratch. Now remove the white plastic from the back, this just pops off and is then out the way, then take your screw driver and slowly prise out the rear trim all the way across. I don’t have any pictures of the rear bumper off im afraid but you will know once you take it off.

(7)
DSCF0366.gif
(8)
DSCF0367.gif

Front bumper trim (wheel arch liners need removing 2 torx bolts and 5-6 plastic clips depending upon which wheel arch) (9)

Once the wheel arches are removed, remove the plastic lugs holding the grill onto the front of the car (10), now remove the 2 10mm bolts on either side of the car under the wheel arches.(11),(12) Then finally remove the 10mm bolts holding the lower half of the bumper to the bottom of the car. Then remove the bumper by pulling the bumper connecting to the wheel arch outwards quickly but only a small movement, this will release it from the clips (13). Before laying the bumper down disconnect the fog light wiring (14), unclip the fog light wiring (15) and then remove the grill from the bumper. Now use your screwdriver to remove the backing from the bumper as shown. (16),(17),(18)Then use the screwdriver to prise out the front trims.

(9)
DSCF0351.gif

(10)
DSCF0347.gif
(11)
DSCF0346.gif
(12)
DSCF0349.gif

(13)
DSCF0350.gif
(14)
DSCF0365.gif
(15)
DSCF0355.gif

(16)
DSCF0353.gif
(17)
DSCF0357.gif
(18)
DSCF0361.gif

(19)
DSCF0364.gif

Fitting of all the above is the reverse of removal.

Monaco Blue 172
good post!! explains exactly how to do it :)

now makes like easier when i want to remove mine cheers:cheers: