ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing Exterior handles

Im looking at removing the exterior handles from my Mk3 clio, just need to know how to remove the handles, its a 5 door so more to remove lol, i take it i have to take the doorcards off and pull the soundproof cover off and find out what holding it on *prob rivets* just wondered if i was right.
Hopeing to colour code them and the door strips

Cheers

you wont be able to get in once you remove them....

in what sence.
I took ones off my 206 and it wouldnt lock the door, or hold shut, also i can get in through the boot if needed, and open from the inside, as that will still be connected to the locking mech.
Think im guna get pics and do a how to if there isnt one already.

nice one mate, cheers for that, so then after that, just look at the door handle and see what holds it on. so will i be able to shut the door with it off, while i leave the door trim off while i spray the handles

Clio 1.4 16v Dymanique
yeah, but I think if you shut the door then you wont be able to get in, you will either have to leave window down, or go in through the boot and open the door from the inside...

Are you spraying it all yourself? Or getting it done?

spray it myself mate.
good bit of DIY is a nice change i say, i did the cc'in on my 206, all be it the handles are alot easier on the 206, guna have to get summin to keep the handle open so i can get every inch of it

Clio 1.4 16v Dymanique
wicked, im planning on doing mine as well... looks mint when its done!! Good luck, post up some pics when you have done it!

yeah i'll get some pics up when i can.

Now quick question, some clio MK3's have cc'd bits but they always look matt instead of shiny like the body, any reason, am i right in saying this aswel or have i just seen loads of cliomk3's with DIY cc'd bits?

Cheers

the side strips are being sprayed as we speak, gotta get handles off yet and wing mirrors.
Then thats it i spose.

Wooooo done the side strips, rear bumpstrip and 2 door handles
also done a wing.
Got front bumper to do as it needs a bit of a repair so just guna spray it all.
If i post on here does it go to the top?
Will add pics when i get some :D