ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing front bumper?

Golf GTI PP Mk7
Ive got a replacement headlight unit (passenger side) now, cuz i smashed my last one in a crash. Do i need to remove the front bumper to fit this? and is this an easy task? Anyone with any experience in this depratment, i cud use ur help lol. I dont wanna take the fron fo my car to bits and then find i cant get it back together again, lol.

Civic Vtec y0
I dont have a 172 but im sure from memory you will need 2 take the front bumper off

yeah defo need to take it off, think its the same as a 1.2 16v, in which case you need to undo the pop screws of the top grill so it can move off the bash bar, then undo the bolts underneath the cars front that are obvious, then there are two more that are in the wheel arches that you need to get behind the plastic arch liner to do. then a bit of tugging and it will pop off. make sure you have a rug infront of it so you dont drop it or scrtch it while it is on the floor.

the headlamps are attached with three very obvious bolts.
hope this helps mate

jamie

Golf GTI PP Mk7
cheers man, the buper has a hole in it atm anyway from the crash so not overly bothered about scrathes as ill be getting a new one soon, thanks for ur help anyway.