ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

removing lower inlet

need to remove my fuel rail cover so can get my lower inlet of but am struggling with the socket needed to remove the bolt is it a torx bit?

cheers ian

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Do you mean the aluminium piece that covers the fuel rail with 3 bolt holes in? If so use a deep 13mm socket, it's only held on with two (not three) and it's the two closet to the airbox side I think. Hope this helps!

Petrol Blue 182
Yeah, As incy-spider said, three holes but only two bolts its deffo the two closest to the airbox side, i had a 13mm in 1 and 14mm in the other on mine, dont know why???? :S

Can be a huge range of bolts, usually a 10mm in my experience. Make sure you clean the top of the lower, common issue is to whip the lower off and all the crud that sits on it drops into the intake ports!