ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing rear wiper arm

The rear wiper blade has broekn on my car and if I use the rear wiper Im afraid it will scratch the car.

Does anyone know how to remove the rear wiper arm until iIcan get to Renault and buy a new blade? I have removed the bolt but the arm will not budge

Plus the part number for a new rear wiper and a price?

Can I get these from anywhere else apart from Renault?

Thankyou for your time

Sam Davies

Somebody on here told me to just replace the rubber rather than the whole arm which aint cheap from memory.

I just want to remove the arm as when I put the car in reverse the wiper is activated if the front stalk is down one notch.

New blade will be arraving as soon as I can get to Renault.

Suzuki SV1000S

If you open the boot and pop off the covers. There is just a bolt connecting it. Undo the bolt and the arm comes off, very easy. You will be left with a hole though mate

Not a Clio

would it not be easier to remove the fuse? Assuming there is a fuse just for the wiper arm?

On the mk1s the fuse was for both rear wiper and hazards if i remember right, wouldnt have a clue about 172s.

Weeman sucks ****

Quote: Originally posted by Day on 17 May 2005
Somebody on here told me to just replace the rubber rather than the whole arm which aint cheap from memory.

You can only buy the whole arm and only from renault. I tried halfords but they only do the front wipers. About £15-20 iirc, it just clips out...don;t be shy with it itll come off.

Just been to Renault (somehow managed to get there and back in a lunch hour) - Just under £9 including VAT for the wiper

Cheers for the comments