ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing Round Metal Shifter

RB Clio 182
Got a problem - I can't seem to remove the aftermarket shifter on my 182!

Read on here that you need to pull very hard but been trying for ages and it won't budge. I have also tried with a pipe wrench but still no luck.

I am worried about breaking the shifter linkage if I use any more force. Problem being is because it is metal the usual drilling etc is going to be difficult.

Anyone have any advice on removing? I'm assuming it has been glued on... I guess as a last resort the entire unit will need to be replaced. The Gear knob is ropey!

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Sounds like a shifter from a Phase 1 172. You'd probably be better off removing the whole shifter through the bottom of the car and trying to paint the ball while it's attached if you want to tidy it up

RB Clio 182
Sounds like a shifter from a Phase 1 172. You'd probably be better off removing the whole shifter through the bottom of the car and trying to paint the ball while it's attached if you want to tidy it up
Confirmed - it is indeed a shifter from a Phase 1 172!

May be better to leave it on then...