ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing Side Bump Strips

Back ones: Open the front door and hit them on the end nearest the door and slide them towards the rear!!

Front Ones: There is a screw near the door pillar on the inside of the door, take this out and hit the end nearest the rear and slide towards the front!!

Hope this helps fella!

It will leave a strip shaped indentation in the panels so if you wanted to keep them removed youd need a nice bit of filler and a respray..

If you want them sprayed body colour dont worry, the bodyshop will know how to get them off anyway.

-Rob

Rob,

To save a little wonga i was going to remove them and spray them myself. My dad used to do a little spraying, hes wicked with a spray can. He drove into a kerb and cracked his front bumper. He fiberglassed it, filled it and sprayed it.

Im going to ask him to help me!

If i can get them off and do it myself Ill have a go. The key is not to rush it, and prepare them properly, plenty of sanding and primer.

Good idea? Bad idea?

Cheers

Its not a bad idea..but id still get saving incase it goes pear shaped!

BamBam knows how to get everything off..try PMing him.

-Rob

righty, on the new shape clio (MY01+) to remove the side mouldings you need to open front doors, slide the rear panel mouldings towards the open door, and slide the front door mouldings towards the rear of the car, takes a bit of effort, but its easy to do

front bumper inserts, either remove front bumper, or, grab very small flat-headed screwdriver, starting from the top of the middle insert slide screwdriver along and undo fastening clips, remove all 3 parts the same way, then refit in the same order

rear bumper - remove, its only 8 screws

Good idea if ur a dab hand with an aerosol. I colour coded my mirriors, wiper strip and 16v tail gait spoiler myself and all fine. Just make sure u dont put too much on at once, and u put the corretc number of layers of paint, primer etc.

Will prob do bump strips sometime

darren - no idea, i never removed my wing mirrors, someone done it for me :(

stee - yes im sure, i had mine fully colour coded for free, the only thing was i had to fit them myself

then again, smokey has a 16v, so it may be for that specific model

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy

to remove the ones on the new shape clio this is how ya do it...

look along the bottom of the stip and u will see a notch, near the back of the door, slide a small flat screwdriver up, this pulls a tab out of the door and the strip will just slide off. the same for the back bit, except the notch in the bottom is towards the front of the car and also slides off towards the front. i know this for certain as i spent 1/2 an hour tryin to remove one on my m8s, then once i got it off, realised how to do it and did the other 3 in 30seconds

hope that helps m8y

Quote: Originally posted by stee69 on 26 November 2003

Bam Bam, you sure how to remove the bump strips, Smokey above has said different?

Sorry Stee69 i thought you had a MK1 Ph1/2 as this is how to remove them on the said cars!!

Maybe i should of asked first as "presumption is the brother of all f**k ups"

Listen to Bam Bam hes a man that knows!!