ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing the front end

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Hi guys, I need to know how to remove the bonnet, bumper & wings. Is there a guide? I have looked but didn't see anything. For the 172 btw.

cheers

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
You're an engineer, right ?

Undo the fixings that hold everything on :rasp:

The bonnet should be uber obvious once you open it. :S

I'd guess at arch liners out, wings unbolt at the top (you'll have already observed this, being an engineer) and I think they pop or bolt into the lower a-pillar from memory.

Bumper, remove slam cover, undo bolts on top, undo the grill ones (or is that just the Ph1?) and you should be away. If there's still bolts holding it on .. undo them.

Seriously.. you're an engineer ? Not just chief polisher ?

;)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Bonnet is held on with 4 bolts at the back..

Bumper, remove the arch liners, there will be 2 10mm bolts, (easy to see) Undo those, Under the car there are another 3 10mm bolts holding an undertray kinda thing, take those out, you might have to tug the bumper where it joints the wings to release it...

The wings.. I forget

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
thank you boys, I know aeroplanes. Just more careful when it comes to my car! :p

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Blah blah blah.... It's still the same logical processes. If you can't take a bumper off a French girl's car, you really shouldn't be trusted with things that FLY. :quiet:

Wimmin....

:eek:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Oh and chances are when you remove the 2 10mm at the top ul ruin the bumper.... Unless ur lucky..

jus' sayin