ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing (what appear to be) bonded on side skirts?

Had a few opinions on the car and also tried offering it in px for a few 172s, everyone seems put off by the skirts so was wondering how difficult these would be to remove and not severly damage the paint work? :/ They came with the car, was part of a bodykit.

Pics:

XONWbQol.jpg

id939bOl.jpg

cBTDTLDl.jpg

I also noticed that theres some rust and paint peeling at the bottom of the doors, so I don't think the paint works in great shape as it is :(

If removing the side skirts seems like too much of a risk, how much you lot reckon I'd get for the car as is? I paid £950 and would like my money back or a wee bit more atleast considering some of the work I've had done, 80400miles, full years mot + 6 months tax, lots of work done for MOT + new clutch kit 3 months ago...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Just put it on autotrader for £995. It will be sold by monday night.

If those skirts are bonded on with proper bonding (Not poundstretchers bathroom sealer) then yoiu're in for a world of pain!

Just put it on autotrader for £995. It will be sold by monday night.

If those skirts are bonded on with proper bonding (Not poundstretchers bathroom sealer) then yoiu're in for a world of pain!

Sort of what I feared haha, not sure what bonding was used but it doesn't seem loose at all.

Last time I buy anything with a done at home bodykit job...

As above....its 99% gonna need painting again if you do manage to get it off. You could try the cut off with string technique, but the scratches it makes **might!!** buff out if your very careful and use some form of lubricant. Once its off, you would have to get some panel wipe (very mild thinners basically) and then spend alot of time rubbing with a micro fibre cloth. (use gloves!, and pencil in a weekend of sore hands)