ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault clio mk2 vs mk3

Renault Clio Alize
Hi all, was wondering what I should do. I have a mk2, 1999 Clio alize, 1.4 petrol at the moment, she has a vibration noise which is my driver's drive shaft apparently and a very slight noise on my power steering. I have spent over £800 on her since Xmas. My question is whether it's worth putting more money into the car or to buy a mk3 Clio, 2005, 1.5 diesel, short mot and need servicing at £600.

I have no idea what to do!!!!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
On the diesel have you done an mot history check? Hopefully give you an indication on wether it will be financially viable.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
At that price point it’s a lottery, personally from the sounds of it all your car actually needs is a driveshaft so I’d get it done and stick with it.

The Mk3 is arguably the better car but an early 1.5 diesel at £600 could just as easily be the biggest money pit in the world ever as it could be the bargain of the century.

Renault Clio Alize
Hi, I have looked at the mot history and other than normal wear and tear as in tyres, breaks etc it all is ok, she doesn't have a lot of paperwork tho which is a downside. I just don't want to make a big mistake

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
At that money mate it’s pot luck and sometimes the better the devil you know.

Saying that it ‘could’ be a great buy.

Renault Clio Alize
Mk3 has 2 different color headlights, minor marks for it's age and that's it, looks like some water has started seeping into the edges of the rear Windows, not let watering in at all but u can just see a mark around the glass My mk2 has age related marks but nothing obvious or bad, mine has the phase up rear lights and spoiler and the sun roof fading a bit. Just realized i put the wrong millage for mk3, it's done 129000

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Different coloured lights?

Only you can make the choice mate, it’s hard to advise which way to go without knowing the cars.