ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renaultsport nav, lux, nav lux or trophy ?

clio 5door sport rep
Afternoon gents.

Been yeaaaars since last on this forum.

It's new car time and been looking at 2015 2016 Clio renaultsports.

Tempted to buy. What's best nav, lux, nav lux, trophy etc facelift or not facelift

Any recommendations or advice or things to know or watch out for?

Currently driving fabia vrs MK2 which I love. But time to move on.

:)

clio 5door sport rep
Gearbox issues on the non facelift models?

Any other common issues to be aware of. The older models good bit cheaper. How common are the gearbox issues on the older models

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
It was only a software update in the later ones, don't think there was anything physically wrong with the box itself.

Most common issue is the bottom radiator hose clamp. Can't remember if it rubs on something or just corrodes easily, but it goes and dumps all coolant once it goes. Had mine done couple weeks ago.

Clutches can and do fail, and they're not cheap to replace. Think when I spoke to @MicKPM last year it's around 1200 quid just for the clutch pack

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It was only a software update in the later ones, don't think there was anything physically wrong with the box itself.

Most common issue is the bottom radiator hose clamp. Can't remember if it rubs on something or just corrodes easily, but it goes and dumps all coolant once it goes. Had mine done couple weeks ago.

Clutches can and do fail, and they're not cheap to replace. Think when I spoke to @MicKPM last year it's around 1200 quid just for the clutch pack
Is that including labour or just parts??

Rich2509

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo XC90 & RS172
Afternoon gents.

Been yeaaaars since last on this forum.

It's new car time and been looking at 2015 2016 Clio renaultsports.

Tempted to buy. What's best nav, lux, nav lux, trophy etc facelift or not facelift

Any recommendations or advice or things to know or watch out for?

Currently driving fabia vrs MK2 which I love. But time to move on.

:)
Bring years for me on this forum too!
Just purchased a 2015 R.S. Pick it up Friday! It’s a retirement gift for me and the mrs. Looking forward to it! Good luck with your search.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Mines on 126k now and the clutch is absolutely spot on.
The only issues really are the bottom hose and now a lot of them are at an age where they’re needing new batteries.
Mines had wishbones, ARB bushes, rear subframe (under corrosion warranty), bottom hose clip and a couple sets of discs and pads.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Good luck with your search. I’d recommend looking on the mk4 200 bookface page as they come up for sale and also there are at least one ‘known’ car to avoid!
ive got a ph1 200t and it’s a brilliant car. I had the gearbox software updated to the newest software and it’s spot on. Love the car to bits. You won’t regret one. If I had the money I’d have got either a ph1 trophy or a ph2, but I’m more than happy with mine.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
for me, as long as budget can accommodate then a facelift trophy with heated leather, i had one in LY and it was a fantastic thing to live with.

mine didn't have the Akrapovic and tbh because they don't video too well, the sound they make in videos with an akra is the way they sound without in real life! I'm sure with an akrapovic they sound much better in person too, but I never felt mine was lacking in noise.

I didn't have BOSE, I'm not sure if they fixed the issues with the BOSE making a hissing noise that Renault were telling people to live with, id never own anything with a BOSE logo anyway lol

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Me i would go for a pre facelift Trophy with the Trophy seat upgrade and the blade cut alloys. Prices seem to be on the up i noticed Renault Croydon have a red one, yellow and a white on Autotrader, both have done to many miles need to keep looking.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Me i would go for a pre facelift Trophy with the Trophy seat upgrade and the blade cut alloys. Prices seem to be on the up i noticed Renault Croydon have a red one, yellow and a white on Autotrader, both have done to many miles need to keep looking.
Can't believe they didn't offer the trophy seats in the phase 2 :(

2014 Clio 200t edc
I can’t believe they didn’t offer recaro seats! want to fit some to mine. Although there is so much more they could have added to make the Rs200/220 more special and different.

DaveL485

ClioSport Club Member
  21T, 9T, Meglio, V6

Attachments

• x20211027_080925_RS.jpg
    x20211027_080925_RS.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 52
  clio rs mk4
i have a 2016 but 65 plate due to the month it was registered and it has the same engine and gearbox as a 220 trophy but not the same ecu mapping. if id of had more time to look at cars i would of got the facelifted trophy but i enjoy my nav and have put the led lights front and rear too