ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RenaultSport number plates

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Hello all

1DD685D4-EA25-4B5A-ADB2-E4A0820AC0F4.jpeg

Where the bloody hell can I buy a set of these Renaultsport plates? 😬

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow
I am sure one of those ebay ' show plate' sellers can make these.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
I’ve just messaged one on there. The ones they display on the pics is some w**k font…..
I’m hoping they just do that so not to upset Renault

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Kam sell these, they are apparently genuine but yeh the Renault font is clearly wrong, maybe drop them a line?

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Kam sell these, they are apparently genuine but yeh the Renault font is clearly wrong, maybe drop them a line?
I’m sure they were out of stock when I last looked.
Will give them a call.

106 gti
Think I have a pair lying around somewhere that came with my 200 years ago that I can try and find, no idea what they’re worth 🤨

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Probably best off getting an aftermarket set if somebody will copy them. I done a trackday in the megane and the heat/exhaust fumes marked the plate as its some kind of cheap plastic

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Nooooo. You can see the problem now 😂
They’re proper horrific

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
@Jekyll made a batch of proper plastic ones at one point I'm sure 🤔

He should definitely make some more 👀

I did. I made them full size font and rear or 3/4 front for the mk2s. I did them out of proper plates and painted, stickered and then lacquered uk plate colours. I thought the looked great but by the time you factor in the cost of blank plates, paint, stickers, lacquer, sundries and time, it didn't really work out of much profit. The price had to be appealing to customers also, especially as the genuine ones was around £20 at the time.

2022-01-25_09-21-23.jpg
2022-01-25_09-21-46.jpg
2022-01-25_09-21-52.jpg

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Understandable. If you can still do them, what would you ask for them?
I think given the Renault ones are crap, and the eBay linked ones look horrific, you can charge more than 20 quid no bother.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
@RSRowe at the time it was £30 plus postage of the customers choice.

I could do another batch bit if I did, it would be later in the year as my time is more limited after hours now.

The other thing is I'd have to make a set colour on the plates. I had a lot of interest at the time of various other colours to match car colours, etc, but that won't work from a cost to profit for me.

If I decide to make another batch later on, I'll definitely keep you in mind.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
@Jekyll if you do make some more like the ones in the picture then I too would be interested., standard ones are fine, not fussed on fancy colours

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
So I actually ended up buying a set from Kam racing (the last they had)
But as Brigsy said, they were just some cheap plastic. Oh well

@AJFisher done me a solid and made me some out of proper plates.

0FBFFFED-862C-4515-9ACE-F650D7C0EFB0.jpeg

Cars in getting paint atm, but really looking forward to getting the one on the front too (as sad as that sounds)