ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reno HU - Aux IN

RS Megane DCi 175

Hi, Ive got a 20GB MP3 player that I want to listen to whilst in the car.
Ive bought one of them FM tuner things (the belkin one) from Ebay and the quality is a bit poo to say the least.

I aint got the money to fork out for new HU with MP3 stuff so was wondering is it possible to fit an aux-in to the standard Reno cd player?
Ive seen the connects2 one but dunno if it will work - does the tuner list cd player support the aux-in?

Any advice appreciated fellas. :D

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

dont think itll work with the standard single cd headunit

in theory itd work if it supported a changer though - may take a bit of messing about with to get it to think theres a changer connected to play the input signal, but otherwise no, it wont work.

RS Megane DCi 175

Cheers guys.
BlackClio16v - Its one of them Belkin things that you stick into the stereo jack of an mp3 player/cd player etc and it transmits whatevers playing to an fm frequency you can tune your radio into.

Tom - Do you know what connecter an aux-in adapter would use on the back of a HU? I think the standard Reno HU supports a CD changer, so if it does will an aux-in adapter work the same as a cd-changer? Assuming they use the same connector on the HU.

2004 Clio 1.2 16v

cool i bought a thing called an rf loop through plugs into the ariel socket and then u do a similar thing with the radio i e tune it in....the loop through is powered and it sounds just like it would with an aux in so u shud try that...:)

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

Quote: Originally posted by MattT on 30 March 2004

Cheers guys.
BlackClio16v - Its one of them Belkin things that you stick into the stereo jack of an mp3 player/cd player etc and it transmits whatevers playing to an fm frequency you can tune your radio into.

Tom - Do you know what connecter an aux-in adapter would use on the back of a HU? I think the standard Reno HU supports a CD changer, so if it does will an aux-in adapter work the same as a cd-changer? Assuming they use the same connector on the HU.

the modulator theyre talking about actually allows a direct connection to the ariel connection, to provide a better signal.

an aux-in connection should be two RCA sockets, afaik very few oe headunits have a socket on the back to connect an adapter to, and even at that, the connecter is usually just for pre-outs, not inputs.

Personally id just forget about trying to get an aux-in adapter for it - if its availible then u can get one from renault, if not then just forget about it, not worth the hassle, and to be honest i dont think itll be possible (not without a bit of work anyway - the amount of work that makes it not worthwhile with the standard headunit)

RS Megane DCi 175

Cheers Friction.

If that connects2 thing is gonna cost +£50 then like you said, it aint gonna be worth it. Ill just save me £££ for a decent mp3 HU me thinks...any suggestions regarding the stalk etc? Is it only Sony HU compatible with the Reno stalk/displays?

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

some pioneers support the stalk controls, the lower range and the 77mp, and possibly the entire new range (although not sure yet)