ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aux In - Tuner List

Clio 182 FF
Hi,

I have got the Cabasse Auditorium Tuner List head unit in my 182, and would like to get an Aux/iPod input working. I do not have a CD Changer fitted.

I have done some searching, and the results are either for a "Connects2" or a "Tunepoint". What's the differences between the Connects2 and the Tunepoint?

Ideally I want something that has ports on it for both an iPod and a 3.5mm Aux. On the Connects2 website, the model looks to be the CTARNIPOD003.3. Has anyone here got one of those?

Cheers,

luketheduck

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 182; Octy vRS 245
Hi,

I have got the Cabasse Auditorium Tuner List head unit in my 182, and would like to get an Aux/iPod input working. I do not have a CD Changer fitted.

I have done some searching, and the results are either for a "Connects2" or a "Tunepoint". What's the differences between the Connects2 and the Tunepoint?

Ideally I want something that has ports on it for both an iPod and a 3.5mm Aux. On the Connects2 website, the model looks to be the CTARNIPOD003.3. Has anyone here got one of those?

Cheers,

I got the "Connects2" unit - this one: http://www.incarconnections.co.uk/r...espace-kangoo-aux-adapter-ctvrnx001-ipod.html

Really easy to fit - literally took me 5 minutes, not sure what the difference would be if you get one for an iPod though, I didn't need that.

Clio 182 FF
I got the "Connects2" unit - this one: http://www.incarconnections.co.uk/r...espace-kangoo-aux-adapter-ctvrnx001-ipod.html

Really easy to fit - literally took me 5 minutes, not sure what the difference would be if you get one for an iPod though, I didn't need that.

Thanks. Looks similar. Is the Audio quality ok?

The one that I'm thinking of is http://www.incarconnections.co.uk/r...-clio-kangoo-laguna-megane-scenic-twingo.html which has both iPod and Aux. It doesn't explain though how it chooses between the iPod and the Aux if you've got both connected.

2004 1.2 Dynamique
I have just bought a Connects2 for my tunerlist stereo, but am yet to fit it. When it is plugged into the back of the head unit does it automatically know that there is another source, as currently I can only choose the different radio options when i hit the source button.

Do I need to do anything else to the head unit or should it be a plug and play type affair?

I am also thinking of exiting the 3.5mm cable through the hole in the ash tray, do you know if this is possible to thread the cable there without removing the dash? Thanks

luketheduck

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 182; Octy vRS 245
I have just bought a Connects2 for my tunerlist stereo, but am yet to fit it. When it is plugged into the back of the head unit does it automatically know that there is another source, as currently I can only choose the different radio options when i hit the source button.

Do I need to do anything else to the head unit or should it be a plug and play type affair?

I am also thinking of exiting the 3.5mm cable through the hole in the ash tray, do you know if this is possible to thread the cable there without removing the dash? Thanks

Yes it comes up automatically as a new source - plays as though it's a CD changer (with only ever 1 track), and, no, it is literally just plug and play.

Don't know about your last line - I just squeezed the cable down the side of the head unit, pretty untidy I suppose but doesn't really bother me.

I got one of those connects 2 units, I have it stuck to the piece of plastic above the cup holders using velcro. cable just comes out through the bottom of the panel, no modding needed and looks fine.

2004 1.2 Dynamique
Thanks guys, I have not yet fitted the unit but to let you know it is possible to thread a cable from the Head Unit into the hole in the ash tray, so this avoids any need for modification and the ash tray holds the cable nicely so when no ipod is connected there is no sign that it is there.

Clio 3 extreme
Some of the tuner list radios you have to enable the "aux" source option. Just press and hold the button next to where it says "expert" it will pop up with the advanced menu, scroll through until it says "aux - off" and just set it to on. Then press the same button next to expert. And then ready to go :)