ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacement front tweeters

ClioSport 182
I have replaced all of the standard speakers in my 182 with Clarion like-for-like speakers except for the front dash tweeters. My question is, will I notice an improvement if I replace these tweeters with the Clarion equivalent? Are the bog standard tweeters any good?

I was lazy and didn't want to remove the dash ...

KnightAzul

A4 Avant & A3
Push & twist the grill & it comes out??? does it really.
Might have to have a 'very' careful go at that, as i've always thought you needed to remove the top of the dash.

1.2 16v clio
well i removed my dash wen i did it, didnt take as long as u wuda fort just messy and boring. mite ave 2 try that push n twist

Clio 172mk2
i can take a mk2 dash out and have it back in in under 10 mins piece ov piss once uve done it once,

only reason u need to push on the meash is mainly to grip it but once turned u`ll tell when its right to come off cos it raises slightly

A4 Avant & A3
So how do you go about fitting/fixing different tweeters then?
I take it they don't just fit nice & easy into the place of the existing ones? or do they??

Wouldn't you have to remove the dash to feed the cables and fit the crossover needed for the replacement speakers?