ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing Aircon compressor and PAS Pump

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
My PAS pump has been super whiney since I got the car, and the Aircon pump has begun to knock when the pulley clutch is engaged, so when a pair of used items came up cheap, I thought it was about time I addressed them both.

Any tips for changing them, or even a screenshot from the workshop manual?

I've had the aux belt off too many times to count, so no issue there!

I understand there are a few special procedures when changing the aircon pump, regarding turning it manually a few times before starting the engine? Does the system need to be filled before doing this? I assume that if I need to drive somewhere to have it refilled, simply pulling the plug from the pressure sensor should prevent the clutch engaging before it's filled (although it shouldn't do empty, anyway?).

With regards to the PAS pump, do I recall the pipes being a pain to get to? Any tips for emptying the system first?

I'm just looking to go into both jobs with my eyes wide open and fully prepared :)

Thanks in advance :)