ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing Macbook Pro glass

Has anyone done this? I've seen a few youtube videos and it looks a bit dodgy to me.

Also, where is the best place to get hold of one quickly in the UK? I understand that any available part will not be genuine Apple. Is this correct?

Thanks.

I don't have Applecare, and TBH I'd rather not spend any decent amount of money on a 2009 MBP that I'm finding ever more excuses to replace. I was all set to keep it for another year or so, but this is just another deal breaker on that score. I was hoping it would be cheap and easy to just replace the glass, but it's looking like that's perhaps not a real option then :(

If Apple hadn't f**ked up the retina MBP and made it the preserve of coffee table 'pros' then this wouldn't be an issue.

FYI as far as I can tell, there is no 'genuine bit' and I would have to buy a whole new screen at considerable cost?

Ball ache in the 17's iirc.

Piece of piss in the smaller ones.

Oh and the actual part is one piece and is circa £600

Last edited:
Yes but you can buy the glass only. It's just not a genuine Apple item AFAIK. (It probably is really, but just not supplied by them)

Mine is a 17' so I suppose that makes it even worse then.

What is actually wrong with it?

I've had a few noobs slam the lids down with pens resting infront of the "MacBook Pro" bit lol. :banghead: