ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing Wing Mirror Glass

2002 172
Hi,

I need to replace the drivers side wing mirror glass after someone smashed into it. The glass has just shattered so I can't see anything behind it and am not sure how to replace it. Can anyone help ? Don't want to make it worse.

Its a 2002 172 with electric mirrors. I've bought the replacement glass from Halfords so am all ready to go.

I am a girl, but did change my throttle body, so semi technical.

Any help would be great . . . . Thanks !!

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
If its a complete new glass with clips on back it's just case of pressing it in, applying pressure to the middle until it firmly clips in place

But seen some that bond onto the old glass, my Mum bought one :/ in that case you'll have to have some of the old glass backing plate in place.

Golf GTD Mk7
How bad is it? To get the mirror out, you angle the mirror towards the car, stick a screw driver in the gap at the edge, and prise it off. You'll see the way it clips back on after that. It will be on quite tight mind.