ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

replacing xenons to halogen

clio 182
my 54plate 182 has auto lights and xenons but I can't get them crystal clear using the restoration kits and they are really dull and hazy

my question is will my auto lights still work if I convert to halogen units??

and has anybody fitted these to their 182?

Screenshot_20161031-211423.png

thanks

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Don't see why not, both xenon and halogen use the same plugs on wiring and lower spec models were available with auto lights/wipers

clio 182
thanks for info guys I'd happily pay somebody to "restore" my current lights if local to leicester..

but these seem cheap enough to try out :cool:

so all I would need to buy extra is x2 decent halogen bulbs?

thanks again

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
The light output will be a downgrade.

Ive seen so many lights turn from extremely dull to decent on here. Persevere or put uo a post asking for help. Youll be glad youve kept them after that.

clio 182
I have created a thread in the "car detailing" section asking for help.

if anyone knows anybody local to leicester who fancies earning some good quick money then send them my way please :smile:

£££ notes paid
tea and biscuits aswell

thanks

MrCube182

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I've fitted these and it was a plug n play job, had to get the knack of reattaching the adjusters to the mechanism inside though. In the end I disconnected the wiring to the adjusters as they are not a requirement for incandescent, they can still be manually adjusted.