ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Respray, Paint care?

Clio 182 FF 2005
Just got my car fully resprayed, and want to know what to use to polish the paint with and to make it a better finish etc, (Rich!) lol. thanks in advance.

106 GTi
Your bodyshop should have advised when it is safe for you to seal or wax, most say 30-90 days some say straight away.

New paint is safe to polish as long as your using a pure bodyshop safe polish without any wax or sealants in it. I would look into getting some Meguiars Show Car Glaze or New car glaze to see you through till it is cured. If you have some Minor defects in the paint ( in all honesty the bodyshop should have polished it well before so I would be going back )you could use soem Megauiars Speed Glaze on it, go easy incase the paint is soft.

All this aside, some bodyshops well tell you to go right ahead and treat it as normal.

Clio 182 FF 2005
it wernt sprayed in a bodyshop, it was a mate that sprayed it (hes got 30 yrs experience in spraying) in a bingy workshop for 120quid, lol. So i need advice on polishing out all the marks etc and gettin the paint to a look a bit more professional because theres a few little bumps on it and off the likes, as you would expect. ta

Clio 182 FF 2005
he flatted the paint off before it were sprayed and the primer, but he hasnt touched the final paint i dont think, and as for mopped, dont know what that is, lol.

Punto/Clio GTT
if it aint been flatted n mopped n it aint been done in a booth i expect its gonna have a lot of s**t in it, orange peel etc. its gonna need flatting down with P1500 or P2000 then mopping (basically a machine polisher using a cutting compound such as G3) to bring back the colour n shine.

no polish or compound alone will shift your orange peel etc, needs a good wet flat

Clio 182 FF 2005
cheers mate, my dad said to sand it with 1500 then polish with g3, didnt trust him tbh, but now i do, heh. ta