ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Respraying Calipers

RenaultSport clio 182 cup
Hi have a 182 cup in racing blue and thinking about spraying the calipers
Has any one done this to a racing blue cup?
i was thinking about yellow calipers

If anyone has can you put some pics up as im not sure if i should do it or not

what are your thoughts

cheers

K20 EG Hatch
Racing blue is the best colour :p

Int got none with the wheels on sadly :(

Attachments

• DSC00046.jpg
    DSC00046.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC00047.jpg
    DSC00047.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC00048.jpg
    DSC00048.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC00049.jpg
    DSC00049.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 33

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
You can get the paint as well...do it and then once its done, its done, you can't go over it for about 12 weeks though, so make sure you cover it well.

Done mine with caliper paint in Blue. some people have also used hammerite, but don't know which is best.

Donny

Z4 Roadster
yeah, I've heard of people using hammerite, which is probably very easy to use (i.e. no hardener as there is in the 'proper' caliper paints) and you can take your time, but never been quite sure what sort of temperatures hammerite can withstand.

Having said that, not sure exactly how hot the calipers really get!! Obviously hot, but how hot?

Cup 172
Just done mine this weekend...

172 Cup, yellow callipers. Used Hammerite smooth and the special metal primer... Know a few people whove done it and no problems...

106 GTi
Used Hamerrite smooth on all my previous cars with no issues, not got round to doing the 182 yet.

A4 Avant & A3
team_penetrator said:
Just done mine this weekend...

172 Cup, yellow callipers. Used Hammerite smooth and the special metal primer... Know a few people whove done it and no problems...

Have you taken any pics of yours?? i would be interested to see yellow calipers on a cup (i take it it's a blue one)

K20 EG Hatch
i used hammerite smooth with a bursh, just spend along time prepping them. I just cleaned them up and then three layers of hammerite smooth. No problems as of yet and i do drive it hard and get em hot! :p

VRS
4 coats of hammerite smooth and lots of driving and mine are fine!
pics with wheels on :D

Last edited:
  Cup 172
Norris_309 said:
Have you taken any pics of yours?? i would be interested to see yellow calipers on a cup (i take it it's a blue one)

Ill take some tonigth and post tomorrow...

Only problem is Ive got green stuff pads and they clash a bit. Going to paint the back of the pads black, which will look much better...

172 Cup
I want to spray my Cup calipers silver. However, I have a question. I've got a pic here (attached) which I believe is a spray job, now this is exactly how I want them, the paint looks smooth and thin. Will Hammerite give the same finish?.. because I've been looking at some of your pics and the paint looks thicker and doesn't look as clean.

Pardon me for using this pic if it's yours, it's just one I have on my PC.

Attachments

• DSC00150.jpg
    DSC00150.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 37
  VRS
pecan said:
I want to spray my Cup calipers silver. However, I have a question. I've got a pic here (attached) which I believe is a spray job, now this is exactly how I want them, the paint looks smooth and thin. Will Hammerite give the same finish?.. because I've been looking at some of your pics and the paint looks thicker and doesn't look as clean.

Pardon me for using this pic if it's yours, it's just one I have on my PC.

the hammerite spray gives a very thin coat and the tinned hammerite smooth gives a thicker coat!
the pic of the silver calipers is the spray and mine and dans are tinned hammerite

i opted for the tin cos i wanted it nice and thick :D

172 Cup
Thanks for that. Do I need to prime the surface with anything before spraying? Or just give them a good wire brushing beforehand.

VRS
i prepped mine with a wire brush and sandpaper and gave them a squirt with engine and machine cleaner to get any cr*p off :D