ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

respraying the side badges

Black 172 MK2
ok so to remove them i need to slide off the bump strip then unclip them.

Im just after some advice on spraying them really. i was guna sand then a lil bit take off the top colour and get rid of all the crappy bits of paint. then use rattle cans.

1- what under coat if any?

2- what colour is the best match?

3- do i seal if so what shall i use?

cheers.

Brad

Black PH2 172 FF
1) Plastic primer.

2) Halfords can get the correct paint code for your car, and mix the paint up for you.

3) Clear lacquer.

Job's a good'un

Da

Less
you talking about the badges or the actual bump strips mate? I've sprayed my '16v' badges anthracite to match up.

Black 172 MK2
the 2.0 16v badge. so will halfords know what colour im after :s or is it a case of just buy a silver :s

Da

Less
not sure on the color of them, but as for primer use a grey plastic/flexible primer. Then your chosen colour followed by plenty of clear laquer :cool:

see here for mine

Last edited:
  R26 230
ive sprayed mine 'renault iceberg silver' looks just like 2.0 litre one but yeh halfords can do a colour match, and ya dont need ta take de whole bump strip off to take off badges, dey just pop off using a flat blade or summit.

Chocolate Bar™
just walk in and grab one of the metallic silvers.

vauxhall star silver is nice and bright with a good level of flake

Black 172 MK2
well they do just pull off :) was very carfully and nothing broke now the car looks weird lol. Do the numbers on the back of the badges refer to anything?? hmmm im after somthing quite light like the standard :s

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
Iceberg Silver is the exact match and halfords just have it on the shelf:)

1) clean with surface cleaner

2) 3 x Grey PLastic Primer

3) 2 or 3 Coats of Iceberg Silver (you can tell if it needs more or not)

4) 3 coats of clear laquer, the more the better IMO :D i did mine like this and they still look minted 6months on..