ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Restored my laptop, now icons are big, no internet e.t.c

had a nasty virus on my laptop which i couldnt cure so i restored the the laptop (its an acer and done by pressing alt and f10) now it loads up fine e.t.c but the screen seems completely out off proportion, everything is MASSIVE.
i also cant ge on the internet, it says no wireless adator, but there is, it was working yesterday!
i have no disc's or anything and just want it to work properly again!
Help!

yer it looks like safe mode, but it doesnt start like its in safe mode, how do i adjust the resolution? and where can i get the drivers from?

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Oh no looks like a case of reformat before downloading the drivers!

Epic mistake numero uno. How are you going to get the drivers if you can't get on the internet? You'll have to download them via somebody elses computer, transfer them to CD and then install them all like that.

BMW F21 125d
What OS are you running?
If its your desktop icons, and its Vista, hold down CTRL button and use the roller ball on your mouse to resize your icons....

DCi
Oh no looks like a case of reformat before downloading the drivers!

Epic mistake numero uno. How are you going to get the drivers if you can't get on the internet? You'll have to download them via somebody elses computer, transfer them to CD and then install them all like that.

If he has an Ethernet lead that will prob work

E36 328
Ethernet will work. If not just type the model number into google along with aver drivers and browse through there. You will always find the correct or equivalent driver, done it many a time. Don't even bother getting the drivers before I format a laptop now because I don't wantto waste time getting the ones I don't need lol.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
It won't.

How can he access Google if he can't get on the net?

Don't understand why you would download drivers you didn't need tbh.

E36 328
Exactly that's why I wait to see which ones I need before downloading them ;) I'm not goin to know that before I format am I

i'm sure a mate will have the Internet???

DCi
ive got 2 laptops in here where ethernet will work without any specific driver but i know some of the dell desktops at work wont so there is no strict rule for every computer.

come to think about it, the dell laptops at work also work with no driver so stop arguing that it 100% wont work, ta!

Audi S1
Mate getting the drivers is really simple, all online, you can normally type in the make and model of your laptop in google follwed by drivers.

Or if it came with a CD?

Cheers lads, so all i need to do is search online for the drivers, write them onto a cd then put the cd in the laptop?
model number is 5735z

im just very glad i saved all the music and pics! just hope i can get the laptop working again!

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Yeah Midge. Go to whatever your make of Laptop is home page and go to support. It'll normally ask you for the serial number or model and direct you to the right page after entering it.

ok, i went to the site suggested, thanks, i downloaded all the drivers put them on a disc then put them in my laptop, installed them all, but my laptop is exactly the same, cant get on the net, and everything is still big, what shall i do? the drivers that were available for download were

chipset
lan
camera
bluetooth
card reader
modem

i downloaded them all, ran the setup on them all, but nothing has changed

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Download the video driver. It should set it automatically to the proper resolution, but if not, right click the desktop and go to properties > settings.

:)