ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Retro Handheld Gaming

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
I'm looking into getting something that can play old emulated games such as Playstation, Mega Drive etc..
I've just found these on eBay. Would they be any good? I ideally want something with buttons rather than having to use touch screen.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

I have them all on my PC but as I'm hardly at home and spend an hour on the tram a day I think portable is my best option.

I have a massive craving to play Theme Hospital, Rage Racer and Sonic :p

BG FF 182
Get yourself a PSP with modified OS, you can play every game made up to the PS1. There are emulators for everything before then. Nice big 32GB SD card guarantees every game ever made for every system prior to late 90s.

I used to sell them on eBay but that was years ago now, i'm not sure what the craic is with decoding them now. Sony were chunts with their updates though, every few weeks to combat the latest weakness in the system.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Get yourself a PSP with modified OS, you can play every game made up to the PS1. There are emulators for everything before then. Nice big 32GB SD card guarantees every game ever made for every system prior to late 90s.

I used to sell them on eBay but that was years ago now, i'm not sure what the craic is with decoding them now. Sony were chunts with their updates though, every few weeks to combat the latest weakness in the system.

There's so many to choose from. Which would be best?

Not bad, but the one in OP is a pretty low spec, single core 1Ghz CPU, never even heard of the GPU.

I used to play N64 roms a bit on my Motorolla Xoom tablet, that was higher spec and still wasnt the best framerate.

Goliath I
Does anyone know if its. possible to run an emulator through an R4 card on a DS?

Just basic machines as Nes/Snes/Mega drive...

Bumder With A Buffer
Jesus christ.. (check out this lamb).. This thread got me searching on eBay for some old consoles...there is a MEGA CD II on there for £149.99, boxed and I think my parents decided to through mine out a couple of years ago! :(

Swear they weren't that when they came out.Ma

n I loved Road avenger and Wolfchild :eek:

[youtube]OGMaSC0F8fU[/youtube]

[youtube]sKEYZPjITo8[/youtube]

Gotta love the loading times on wolfchild!

After i've done my PC build im going to rig up all my "retro machines" in my games corner.

Fiesta ST-2

+1 I've got my old PSP somewhere with SNES/Mega-drive and PS1 emulator