ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rev limiter kinda noise (but not)

Hi,
Have noticed this within the last few months, but only just got round to reporting.

When I am in 2nd gear or 1st gear and i floor the car around 4-5k revs I get a noise as if i was hitting the rev counter, i am not hitting it though.

Tonight on the way home, i watched the counter as I floored it, as i initially thought the tyres were loosing grip and/or TCS was kicking in. This is not the case though.

I do not get this in any other gear but 1st/2nd.

Any ideas? This has only started happening since I had the cambelt done.

Thanks for any help :)

Forgot to mention (172 Sport)

Last edited:
  PH1 172 Sport
As above then it could be the exhaust hitting the subframe. Does it only do it when you floor it or does it do it when you smoothly accelerate to 4-5k. Is it a PH1 or PH2 172?

PH1 172 Sport
Yeah sounds like one of the engine mounts is worn which causes the manifold to bounce off the subframe.

ahh ok thanks, i'll go see if i can take a look.

I guess that would make some sense.
Is it a big job to replace if they are worn?

Ok just had the garage give the engine mounts a check over as I was getting an MOT done anyway. They say the engine mounts are not worn.

Any idea what else it could be?