ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rev limiter

Has my 2005 1.2 8v clio got a rev limiter?? Its got no redline on the dials so when its run in and I want some spirited driving how do I know where to change gear???

Its the Diet engine

Polo + Micra

on the 03 1.2 8v coutesey(sp) car i had from renault before it was at about 5700 rpm :D

Quote: Originally posted by Dink on 01 May 2005

on the 03 1.2 8v coutesey(sp) car i had from renault before it was at about 5700 rpm :D
I honestly dont know what all that black stuff is dripping out the bottom......lol

cant say ive heard of spirited driving in a 1.2 8v, i didnt even think they had rev counters, but 5700 sounds about right for a 1.2.

my last 1.4 RT, a phase1, the rev counter only worked occasionally but im sure it was working once when i hit the limiter and it was around 6000 (where the redline is) if not just under....

Anyway now with a working rev counter on my phase2 i was overtaking some poor mk1 1.2 clio (oops not best thread to put that info :p) on a nice country straight and i noticed i hadnt hit the rev limiter and i was at 6500 rpm, i was slightly amazed by this due to thinking the limiter was less, I then decided i better change up instead of being confused about my rev limiter.

I tested this out when not overtaking later on, it bounced off limiter at around 6600-6700rpm is this normal was i mistaken about the position of the limiter on my phoase 1 with a faulty rev counter or has my current ECU had the limiter raised ?

Sorry to hi-jak cliodudes thread, just it came to me while reading this and i thought id ask, sorry bout my long story.

172 cup'd extreme

Quote: Originally posted by ravo on 02 May 2005
i didnt think they did a 2005 1.2 8v? thought they were all 16v now?

yeah they are doing them for 6 grand now brand new