ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

revs sitting just under 2000 rpm when i am not even on the throttle

Black Sheep
When I am driving the revs sometimes sit just under 2000 when my foot is not even on the throttle and if it wasnt for the clutch I would be going up the back of people! This is very annoying not to mention unsafe! When it does do this say once or twice a week I have to turn my engine off at the lights and turn it back on the engine settles at normal revs.

Black Sheep
I live up at Fairmilehead. I am no mechanic so could someone please tell me how i would go about cleaning out a throttle body with wd40 cheers. Although i think the problem is the ecu ect as it only happens now and then, an old clio phase 2 I had would rev up to 3000 when i turned the key and nothing would happen when i went on the throttle ect I sold that for someone else to deal with, (for a discount I might add) but i think i must be cursed with clios or are they just all crap lol.