ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

revs sitting just under 2000 rpm when i am not even on the throttle

Black Sheep
When I am driving the revs sometimes sit just under 2000 when my foot is not even on the throttle and if it wasnt for the clutch I would be going up the back of people! This is very annoying not to mention unsafe! When it does do this say once or twice a week I have to turn my engine off at the lights and turn it back on the engine settles at normal revs.

Black Sheep
I live up at Fairmilehead. I am no mechanic so could someone please tell me how i would go about cleaning out a throttle body with wd40 cheers. Although i think the problem is the ecu ect as it only happens now and then, an old clio phase 2 I had would rev up to 3000 when i turned the key and nothing would happen when i went on the throttle ect I sold that for someone else to deal with, (for a discount I might add) but i think i must be cursed with clios or are they just all crap lol.