ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RIP xbox :(

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Had it since launch my 360, tis a sexy creature. Other consoles have come along (Wii, PS3) and I've owned both, still have my PS3 infact. But the 360 still owns...

That is, until today. After 4 and a bit years with my 360, it's finally given up. 3 Red Rings. :( Probably the only surviving launch console in the world until just now. At least everyone else I know is on their 4th.

RIP seXBOX.

Oh and does anyone know any good ways of fixing it? E.G Smothering it in cushions? wanking on the CPU? or something i can nab off of ebay?

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
I thought the 3 yr RROD thing started a couple of years back when they announced it? so you may be covered.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Nice one, the error code suggests faulty x clamps really. Just as I thought it would be :(

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
go to the xbox website and type your seriel number in and process it to be fixed then that will tell you if its free or not

One of my pals has a launch xbox tree siddy. Still going strong, touch wood.

Can't your mummy buy you a new one? ;) x

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
My launch console died last year. I now have two that are both repaired recently, and going strong.

If these go, I'll just buy an Elite, since I kinda want one anyway.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Reading the thread fail.

Plus they said they want like £100+ to fix it, f**k that.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Nice time to upgrade to a brand new Elite imo :) Thats what I'll be doing when mine dies.

Civic Si
Reading the thread fail.

Plus they said they want like £100+ to fix it, f**k that.

I can only say from my own experience but i've never had a problem getting a repair.

I got mine on release day and im on 5th xbox. never had any problems getting them repaired for free.

did you kick up a fuss on the phone?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
The warranty for RROD will last 3 years with every console, hence why you had no problem. And yes I bloody did! HAHA. I pointed out my old xbox still works, as does my SNES.....

I'm just gunna do the ebay fix, with the nuts and washers. Anyway gives me a chance to spray the console :D I'm thinking Storm or Lunar gray? ;)

BMW F31
Probably the only surviving launch console in the world until just now.

My launch box had a paddy few months back, managed to get it working even after the 3 RROD and its still going strong, bought an 250gb elite last year for the sitting room as its MUCH quieter than my Launch box, Launch box sits in the bedroom now if the other half is watching some crap on t.v!

ST1050, 320d
you have a ps3 and you're worrying about a shitty xbox? do yourself a favour and put it in a box out of sight somewhere like I did lol

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
you have a ps3 and you're worrying about a s**tty xbox? do yourself a favour and put it in a box out of sight somewhere like I did lol

The irony is, I may go trade my PS3 in to get a new elite! LOL Its the 60gb model too :D

I remember the good ol' days. December 2005. When you couldn't play PGR3 and read an XBL message without it freezing. Fun, fun times!

Civic Si
The warranty for RROD will last 3 years with every console, hence why you had no problem. And yes I bloody did! HAHA. I pointed out my old xbox still works, as does my SNES.....

I'm just gunna do the ebay fix, with the nuts and washers. Anyway gives me a chance to spray the console :D I'm thinking Storm or Lunar gray? ;)

iirc the 3 year warranty is on the original purchase date unless you pay to have it fixed, then you get another 3 year warranty.

however, as i've said, i have never paid for it. and i never will tbh!