ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RIP :(

a8160ef9.jpg

Finally dead I think. It will still play in the car (which is where it's lived for years) but you can't skip tracks which does suck quite a bit.

Just brought it in to restore it and see if I can get it working again. It worked fine up until Friday when I decided to stick some new stuff on there.

Not sure if I need to buy a Classic or buy a pretty Nano instead :eek: as I seem to listen to the same stuff most of the time. Plus I only have about 20GB of music, so I think 120GB is a bit overkill.

But still, lets mourn the sad loss of a good friend and faithful companion :dapprove:

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Condolences to you Dan :(

Although tbh if you take it back to apple I wouldn't be surprised if they replaced it LOL

Lol. It's years old and even if it had AppleCare, they would have long run out.

I wanted a nano when they came out but didn't 'need' one. Now I have to decide what colour. Red is winning atm, I think it's my charitable side.

Might even let you clowns decide what I should have engraved on it as it's free.

Looks like its done pretty well though !

Want a nano that has over 30+gb, 16gb isnt enough, And a classic is too bulky for the gym, Any news on new arrivals?

Also is there any chance they will bring a nano out that takes photos, Not just videos?

New iPods will be September.

Probably a stills camera for the nano and touch. Mebbe up the sizes. The first nanos were 1 and 2GB! Lol.

Yeah, I will hold out till then.

I'd get a classic but its just too big for moving about etc.

Seeing as we have big SSD drives now im hoping they will be cramming in more GB's.

renaultsport clio 182
the only difference is you see what is playing on your stereo and not on the ipod, the other thing about having a dock is that thieves see the dock and then you end up with a smashed window:S

renaultsport clio 182
i guess it depends on if you use the ipod when not in the car aswell, the only time i listen to music is in my car or while at home, hence i dont need an ipod. i guess when u fall in love with the damn thing u cant live without it lol :approve:

It stays in the car. Otherwise I take it with me and then get back in the car and 'f***s sake, I've forgotten it again' Lol.

I have music on my iPhone and another iPod that lives in the shower. Music FTW!

renaultsport clio 182
well if your anything like me and probably 90% of the country and cant live without your phone then surely you wouldn't go anywere without it, then u can just use your iphone in car and the other ipod for shower lol. but if you were to have another ipod id go for the touch 8gb that should be plenty for music in the car;)

Phone goes with me, but then I'd end up leaving it in the glovebox. Plus I can't talk on it if it's playing music.

Shower iPod stays there for the same reasons. Turn water on, reach for the speakers.. No iPod.

A touch in the car would be a waste. nano will be fine!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Classic all the way. Nano is the same as iPod mini:

Borat: "I buy iPod, he buy iPod Mini. Everybody know it for girls!"

Yes, I've had a Mini.

You need a hard drive?

I think that's probably the only bit that works! Lol. The screen is completely dead so I can't navigate to anywhere.

I'll give it one more go in the car, if it doesn't work, you can have it mate. Have fun taking it apart! Lol.