ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rnadon knocks and creaks from front end

Morning all,
At the moment I have some knocking/creaking from my front end. I had originally thought it was from the rear but now sure its front end. Also looked into rear and found no issues, brakes rubbing a tiny bit but probably a normal level.
I have recently had all shocks and springs changed(new cup shocks and eibach pros), front ARB and front wishbone bushes all changed to poly purple, rear top shock mount and rear axle bush changed to poly purple too.

I get the most noise when under braking, just for the last amount, say 25mph to full stop, this is a kind of creaking. I then also get a bit of an odd feeling and small noise when going to full lock, obviously at slow speeds. The car seems to drive OK on the motorway but its hard to say. Dont want to go for a hard drive until I can find the problem really.

Just need some help with where to look, ie. jack the front, wheels off then check for play/wear in..........
The front wishbone bushes were a nightmare to remove and replace so wonder if it could be them and that we may have damaged the wishbone in some way. Also that we had to obviously unbolt the ball joint from the wishbone to work on the bushes.
Tracking booked in for next month as no funds just now.

Thanks!

So I jacked the car up and couldn't see anything obvious. Maybe some excessive movement and definitely noise from top mounts but that was it. Might order new ones. See different thread on this decision. Cheers for any info. anyway.

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
I think the top mounts are supposed to move about when the wheels are off the ground. May be wrong though.
That's my pro kit arrive now to. Just discs and pads to sort.

The creaking may well be your steering rack bushes. Give them a tighten and see if that improves it. Had similar before.