ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

road angel 2, external ariel help

right my road angel 2 is struggling to locate satelites (its presently sat in the square at the bottom of my screen), so i tried to install the ariel that blackspot supplied me, but its not long enough to reach the rear of the car, so my question is were have you installed you ariels

Run mine down along side driver door under carpet and back sit to boot back off side or up diver door piller in roof lining to same postion

[Edited by bill11 on 30 January 2005 at 9:12pm]

May pick myself up one of these over the next couple of days, although I am bit concerned that to get the best out of the unit I will still need to purchase extra accessories for it?

1) Will the RA2 be at its best out of the box or will I need to buy extra bits?

2) I f I dont get the extra bits what effect will this have on the accuracy of the RA2?

Cheers in advance for all replies

Only cost 19.99 from Blackspot with NBD delivery just make sure you shout the fact you want the 5m one.

I have had my RA2 for 3 weeks its quality. I paid £50 for an additional laser sensor, which I have on the front windscreen. Means I can put the RA2 whereever I want in the car. alarm work it cause it went off when I was comming home from Bracknell. "LASER LASER!"

Excellent bit of kit!!

307 diesel & 1.2 TCE Clio

I fitted my aerial today for the RA2.

I got the 5m lead from blackspot which has enabled me to fit in on the roof behind the radio aerial (magnetic). I managed to run the wire in between the hinges of the boot, through the rubber seals. I then run the cable down the inside of the roof lining and down the side of the A piullar to the RA2 in the centre of the dash.

Works a treat full signal.

Ant

Have you got a pic of it on your back window? Im looking at getting a RA2 and interested in all the things you need (5m cable) and where your fitting etc... cheers

hi, no i havnt got a pic, but i can post one when i get chance, basically it sits on the ledge near the back window, at the side of the rear seat tops, then the cable easily fits round the trim up to the dash, it seriously tok me 5 minutes and you cant tell its there

Ford Fiesta

whats wrong with where mine is? see pic above, out of way etc, why is there a need to put it anywhere else?

sport 182 have you a pic of the extra laser sensor, why do you need one if it has two built in?

I have mine in the same place as Liam182, works like a dream. Ill get some pics up for you tomorrow.

I originally found that the laser sensor was blocked by the wipers unless I fitted the RA2 up high on the windscreen then I was not certain that it would work through the UV screen.

I got a good deal on the unit (£320) so bought the additional sensor (£50) with the money I saved. I have fitted it at the top of the clear square on the windscreen I know it works cause it has gone off already.

Also means I cant put the RA2 where ever I want in the car i.e the middle console.

I wouldnt say that it was really necessary.

BMW 320d Sport

I used to always have problem picking up satellites with my Snooper S6R Neo. Front or rear windscreens were a dead loss. Best place I found was in the sunroof. All I did was run the wiring inside the roof lining and the aerial popped out near the sunroof frame. The aerial was magnetic, so I just had it parked there, at the edge of the sunroof looking up through the glass. No satellite problems ever, and it would acquire 4 satellites in 10 seconds.

er not exactly, i had problems with reception and i emailed them (this was when i had the cup), they sent me a ariel free of charge although they sent me a 3 metre one, which they later replaced me free of charge for a 5m one

but there £19.99 from blackspot normally

Ford Fiesta

sport 182, was it the additional laser reciever that went off or the in built one, you can tell as it says AUX laser when it flashes up on the RA2 screen?

also 182_blue mine is exactly the same antenna as that. It can go where mine is to the right of the parcel shelf and be unaffected by opening and closing the boot. you have to line it up right and use some duoble sided no probelems with rubbing on mine.But if yours works ok then then thats ok too.

Liam

they are 19.95 from blackspot with next day delivey. u only need a 2meter length if u read the mounting instructions is says mount it on the black checkerd bit behind ur rear view mirror on the inside of the screen as this bit is not uv.

i mounted mine down in the non uv patch at the bottom of the screen works fine, full signal. just loose the access cable between the dash and windscreen

Quote: Originally posted by ian172 on 17 February 2005

they are 19.95 from blackspot with next day delivey. u only need a 2meter length if u read the mounting instructions is says mount it on the black checkerd bit behind ur rear view mirror on the inside of the screen as this bit is not uv.

i mounted mine down in the non uv patch at the bottom of the screen works fine, full signal. just loose the access cable between the dash and windscreen

i would still get the 5m version (same cost)and then you have plenty to play with if it doesnt work on the bit it says, also it will come in handy if you move it to another car.

ps when i tried it on the dotted bit you mention it didnt work, and there isnt really anywere to mount it up there without it looking stupid as you have to point the top up towards the sky !!

P

peterh2

I got the external aerial for mine and it’s been glued to the hole with no heat reflective coating at the bottom of the windscreen with my RA2 just above it. Very smart install and works perfect.

Really no need to go all the way to the back window!