ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Road Angel Professional Connected

RB 182
I wondered if anyone has one of these devices and let me know what they think of them.

I'm think about getting one of these devices, to help prevent any speeding ticket as I'm now doing more miles and I don't want to stray over the speed limit. I've never had anything more than my TomTom with speed camera updates on it before but I'm seriously considering getting this even though it costs quite a bit.

It updates regularly on the move so you get constant updates so the speed camera and blackspot locations are always up-to-date using the onboard SIM card and GPRS. If you see a speed camera that isn't on the device then you can store it and it uploads for everyone else to be able to download it.

There is also one without the constant updates but I think the updates would be worth the difference.

A few links for people how haven't seen them before (they've not been out long:
http://www.trustedreviews.com/mobile-devices/review/2008/04/25/Road-Angel-Professional-Connected/p1
http://www.roadangel.co.uk/products/professional/connected.html

7434-IMG3517s.jpg

LY 182 FF CUPPED
I have road angel plus....apart from the on the move updates it is very similar in the fact that all Road Angels............Just confirm the fact that the Laser that pinged you and set the thing going mental, a letter will be following 2 0r 3 days afterwards in the post.
If it is Gatzos/Truvelo you are worried about then these are stella performers.

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Yep, i think spendin that kind of money on one is a total waste of time, itll only pick lasers up once theyv bin fired at u and by then its too late anyway and if u just update it once a week then u should have everything on it. Id go for a cheaper option such as the road angel plus or the snooper saphire

Yep, i think spendin that kind of money on one is a total waste of time, itll only pick lasers up once theyv bin fired at u and by then its too late anyway and if u just update it once a week then u should have everything on it. Id go for a cheaper option such as the road angel plus or the snooper saphire

Eh wrong.. This one lets you know when your approachin a site where the vans sit, and you can store it if there is a van there, and it lets all the other people with one know that there is a van live!

So if the van sits on a bridge, it warns you your coming up towards a bridge where they sometimes sit.

Much better than any normal road angel or snooper

Mk1 Maxim Sport
My snooper does that pal, blackspots and accident hotspots. They all do EXACTLY the same thing except ur paying the extra £££ for the word ROADANGEL at the top. The live update thing is a good feature yeh but not worth £200+. The whole "possible sites" crap just gets annoying because if it goes off everywhere they could be then it wouldnt stop!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Can't see the benefit of this over tom tom with monthly updates from pocketgpsworld. I drive a hell of a lot (40k in 18/12 in my old 182), just try never to go more than 10%over limit during normal commuting hours

If you want it and can afford it, go for it.

The live updates seem like a pretty idea to me, especially if it does it on the move.

RB 182
Think I might end up getting this (not had a gadget for a while :)).

Saw the Professional version in Halfords yesterday which is cosmetically the same and it was quite small compared to the pictures that I've seen of it. It's about the same, if not a bit smaller than the Road Angel Plus.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
I have a Talex lite, best £50 i have ever spent, these were £249 2 years ago. all cameras and locations are covered and possible mobile sites, update it weekly, all you need is your speed indication and a verbal warning and countdown to camera. Has never failed me!

RB 182
Just bought one of these from the Road Angel site as I couldn't find a shop that sold the connected version so time will tell how good it is.

'll update the thread when I've used it a bit.

106 GTi
Road Angel called me offering me one at a discounted price a few weeks ago. Will be interested as to how you get on with them.

Ford Focus ST2
i have tested the pro and the pro connected and i got to say there are both good units,

The connected has a sim card build in so it can tell you if a mobile location is live or not (if someone elsa has passes and set it live)

Well worth the money!

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
On the RA subject, I have a classic. (not used for 2 years now I think) but was the laser sensor made illegal a few year back?

Ford Focus ST2
On the RA subject, I have a classic. (not used for 2 years now I think) but was the laser sensor made illegal a few year back?

No you can still use laser at the moment!

RA still sell the laser for the pro connected (as its does not have build in laster) but the pro has build in laster!

BMW M4; S1000 RR

Eh wrong.. This one lets you know when your approachin a site where the vans sit, and you can store it if there is a van there, and it lets all the other people with one know that there is a van live!

So if the van sits on a bridge, it warns you your coming up towards a bridge where they sometimes sit.

Much better than any normal road angel or snooper

I'm assuming it only lets other people with a RA Pro know that there's a van there....

I've said it before, I'll say it again, there are only a couple of methods to speed safely on motorways etc (where laser sites maybe present), and none of them involve any GPS warning device. They are useless for anything other than fixed camera warnings such as GATSOs and red light cameras (if you're into that sort of thing).

Laser detectors will never be illegal, imo radar detectors won't be either.

No you can still use laser at the moment!

RA still sell the laser for the pro connected (as its does not have build in laster) but the pro has build in laster!

Again, laser detectors are the biggest waste of money in the world, you might aswell take whatever the detector would cost you and put it in the bank with a view to pay any speeding fines with it.

Ford Focus ST2
RA is good as it has a lot of mobile site in there database.

As to the laser yes in most cases the laser is a watse of time as if it goes off its too late, but on the other hand on the 0.001% you may get a rebound from another car, so you would not get nicked, if you slow down, but you do have better odds winning to lottery!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
RA is good as it has a lot of mobile site in there database.

As to the laser yes in most cases the laser is a watse of time as if it goes off its too late, but on the other hand on the 0.001% you may get a rebound from another car, so you would not get nicked, if you slow down, but you do have better odds winning to lottery!

That would never happen..

If you got a reflection/fraction in the first place then there clearly isn't a line of site between you and the laser gun in question. In which case it couldn't get you anyway!

Trust me, the only way to be safe from laser sites is with a laser jammer. Only other way is to stick to the speed limit unless it's dark/raining.

RB 182
Keep meaning to update the thread with a review at some point, I will soon though.

Just paid out for the next years updates, seems good for me so far...I've not seen any that it hasn't had in it's database.