ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Roll Britannia Highlights

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
Heres some photos from my weekend. Was at the big tournament at the weekend, Roll Britannia where teams from across UK and Europe headed to.

Wikipedia - Rollerderby if you need more info on the sport.

Combo for these was a Canon 5D and Canon's 200mm 1.8L

RB-1.jpg

RB-4.jpg

RB-7.jpg

RB-8.jpg

RB-9.jpg

RB-11.jpg

RB-12.jpg

RB-14.jpg

RB-15.jpg

RB-17.jpg

RB-18.jpg

RB-22.jpg

RB-23.jpg

RB-24.jpg

RB-26.jpg

RB-27.jpg

RB-30.jpg

RB-31.jpg

RB-33.jpg

Cupra
Lovely, really interesting series. That 200 was put to good use. How do you find the 5d AF for sports? Does it keep up okay?

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
Awesome pictures, any of these wide open? How you find the lens?
All of these should be wide open. Only really went to f/8 for panning shots on the corners. I still have quite a few more to go through. :( Say about another 4000ish
Lovely, really interesting series. That 200 was put to good use. How do you find the 5d AF for sports? Does it keep up okay?
Its pretty damn good. Low light centre AF its dead on. Its not AS quick as the 1D but held up well. High ISO use was great to have which came in more use than a quick AF. They move slow enough to pick up once you get the hang of the game.

Cupra
It was one of my concerns about jumping to the 5d II, but seems to have worked really well for you. Puts my mind at rest. Thanks!

I bet you'll be sad to give that 200 back.

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
It went back today. I was glad since my back started to play up by the second day.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/scwasabiphoto/3737099762/

You can see (top left). I am not a big lad at all so after a while, the weight took its toll but I got through it with a monopod.

I am real happy Lensesforhire are around. Just an awesome place to rent.

I do enjoy the 5D Classic more than anything. Those shots are all ISO3200 (maybe a ISO1600 in there somewhere) and no NR. Boosted colour in LR and then resized. :)