ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Roller car washes

Clio 182 (Black Beauty)
Are they a really big no no. or ok. thing is i can get my car put through a roller wash for nowt but will i do more damage than good?

LY V6 with Recaros
Depends how fussy you are with the paintwork I guess, I personally wouldn't use one. And I can see from your profile that you have a black car, which would show up any swirls etc quite bad I'd imagine!

dont use them. my sister takes her silver car thru one once a couple of weeks and i gave her car a polish and wax last wend and the amount of scratches on it was unbelieveable. and htis is a silver car which hides scratches the best

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Ripped the aerial off one of the company cars. I just unscrewed it and threw it away. If it was mine I would've been slightly more annoyed.

Clio 182 (Black Beauty)
yeah its black. and its shiny too! just a shame i cant get a jet wash for free. id be reet then. had no qualms about puttin my last car thru as it was older and a little more weather. this things in showroom so i kinda wanna keep it that way

Broken Diesel Megane :(
yeah its black. and its shiny too! just a shame i cant get a jet wash for free. id be reet then. had no qualms about puttin my last car thru as it was older and a little more weather. this things in showroom so i kinda wanna keep it that way

avoid the car wash then.

1000x better doing it all by hand. results speak for themselves and you get the satisfaction of doing it.

should only take you 60-90mins a week to keep your car in near showroom nick

106 GTi
Black Gold and a car wash is a no no unless you want so nasty looking swirl marks. Marks easily even in hand washing one trip through a swirlamatic and it will look shite!

Clio 182 (Black Beauty)
trouble is i live on a dirt road with potholes so after a day its dirty again. not too bad in summer but a nightmare when them potholes are like mudbaths

Cooper S JCW
No don't use them!!!!!!!!

Roller washers use recycled water and unless the filters are brand new you will be getting dirt/soap/wax deposits sprayed back onto your car. Any grains of dirt that are imbedded into the roller brushes will then whip your paintwork repeatedly and they don't clean the bottom edge/gaps/wheels properly

Trust me, don't. The person who owned my car before me used them, and I have to pay to get the marks removed now.

LY V6 with Recaros
My boyfriend has a black car, he didn't buy it from new and it looks like the previous owner took it through carwashes, the paintwork is terrible on it! Loads of swirls, really dull, and difficult to wash because it's so dull!

Trophy Turbo :)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Was it by hand, I had a mk4 gti with 102k on it looked bloody awful, was just a work horse at the tiem wasnt that bothere but the swirl marks were shocking, Spent abt £100 on things and came up trumps. Obviously still a few marks, but the morel of the story wash it your self with clean water

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
Big no no imo, wouldnt go near it.

Paint work is easily scratched even without carwashes, get a few decent products & do it regularly by hand.....;) ooh errr misses haha