ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rolling diameter of 15" rims

200,182 Trophy, Cup
I'm looking at a set of Speedline 2118s. 15s for my 182 Cup. Obviously fitting the same width and aspect ratio as the tyre on the standard 16s (195/45) is going to throw my speedo out. To get the right rolling diameter I think 195/50 x15 put me somewhere near, using some calculations I reckon there will be about 5.5mm difference which will make negligible difference if perhaps reading very slightly slow.

I'm presuming it I'm not the first to consider this dilemma but can't find anything on the site

200,182 Trophy, Cup
Thanks James :)
I should maybe have just put it....when putting 15" rims on a 182 what size tyres do people fit

Most people use 195/50/15.

The good news is that a smaller rolling diameter will make the speedo over-read, not under-read.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I'm looking at a set of Speedline 2118s. 15s for my 182 Cup. Obviously fitting the same width and aspect ratio as the tyre on the standard 16s (195/45) is going to throw my speedo out. To get the right rolling diameter I think 195/50 x15 put me somewhere near, using some calculations I reckon there will be about 5.5mm difference which will make negligible difference if perhaps reading very slightly slow.

I'm presuming it I'm not the first to consider this dilemma but can't find anything on the site
If you have access to renault clip - and you should considering how many RS's you have, then you can change the wheel type and this will sort the speedo out.
Get a cheapy one off ebay for £90 - well worth it.

200,182 Trophy, Cup
If you have access to renault clip - and you should considering how many RS's you have, then you can change the wheel type and this will sort the speedo out.
Get a cheapy one off ebay for £90 - well worth it.

Brilliant, thanks