ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rolling road on new car

Clio II 1.6 16V 2008
Hi Guys,
I am from Colombia, South America, this is my first post here.
Recently got a new 2008 Clio II (Facelift) 1.6 16V four door (still sold here in Colombia). I like the car but have started ordering some stuff. So far:
RS rep side skirts and front spoiler (installed)
Momo Corsa 15" Wheels, Toyo tires (installed)
MB Performance quick shifter (not installed)
RSTuner from Fastchip (not modified)
K&N flat panel filter (not installed)
Peco twin exhaust backbox (not installed)

Planned:
Supersport suspension kit
De-cat

The car has almost 800Km on it. Since I am going to do some moding on stock setup, I would like to know power gain/loses, so I am planning on doing a rolling road this week to have a base line to compare once the mods are done.

Since the car has only 800Km, the guy at the RR told me he wouldn't advice doing it on such a new, under warranty car. I find this to be unsupported, as the engine is supposed to be able to support the strain, however I do worry about the engine not being properly broken-in.

What do you guys think? Will the RR have adverse effects on long term engine durability/breaking-in?

1.8 Civic EX
Hi, welcome to the club.

I don't think it would really do it any harm but also I doubt it would be a very good base figure on the read out as people say the engine free's up and runs better once broken in...