ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rolling roads in or around yorkshire

White Evo V
Yeah mate, Well Lane Turbo Centre. Its in batley. Bout 20mins drive from barnsley. There v accurate aswell. They had a standard m3 on it last time I was there and it produced 337bhp and bmw reckons it has 338. So pretty close eh!! Im up for a rr day in yorkshire.

Pretty sure theres another one in Batley as well will find out, Hasnt PMurray got a rolling road now? Would also be intrested in a RR day :)

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Hi guys, not got a dyno yet :( but don't bother with Well Lane! The rollers tell big porkies!

The one we use is in Halifax and i would recomend it to anyone. If you want me to speak with mat for some pricing let me know and i will sort it out.

Cheers

Paul

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
The good ones will be from the donkeys that beleive the figures produced ;)

I ran a 182 on there to map it, after i finished it had 202hp with no internal mods, not even inlets lol

Paul

17poo
The one we use is in Halifax and i would recomend it to anyone. If you want me to speak with mat for some pricing let me know and i will sort it out.

Cheers

Paul

if you could do yeah... or if you have the contact details i could sort something cheers.

Ya got any christmas/New year deals on at moment thn Paul , lol ;)

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Sorry guys i got no deals on the clio remaps at the moment cos they are too cheap anyway ;) :D £275 is a bargain

Cheers

Paul

White Evo V
Hi guys, not got a dyno yet :( but don't bother with Well Lane! The rollers tell big porkies!

Cheers

Paul

The good ones will be from the donkeys that beleive the figures produced ;)

I ran a 182 on there to map it, after i finished it had 202hp with no internal mods, not even inlets lol

Paul

as I said above, last time I was there they dynod a standard m3 and it produced 337bhp and bmw claims 338bhp. How close do you want? well lane has been running for years now and wouldnt screw up there rep just to try n make customers feel happy. the people who have told you bad stories are the donkeys as they will of been dissapointed by the results and blamed it on well lane. there dyno is the most accurate i have seen, take a standard 172 there and see what it produces, youll be suprised how good they are!! and if they are crap then why does almost every car club and forum use them? every week they have a different rolling road day arranged.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Ok let's put this another way.... A 172 on their dyno is likely to produce 172. ANY other decent dyno and it won't. So what you are also saying is that my remap pushed a 182 to 202hp? this same 182 runs only 186 on the other dyno AFTER the remap.

Oh and to finish LAD motorsport use them!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
as I said above, last time I was there they dynod a standard m3 and it produced 337bhp and bmw claims 338bhp. How close do you want?

BMW notoriously over state their BHP claims on M models. The old 3.2 Evo was rated at 320something but never produced more than 300 when tested.

The E39 M5 was the same, a guy at an RR day I went to the other week had his their with full milltek system and sports cats and it hit 400 on the rollers, which were overreading that day as well (wasn't well lane, but it reckoned my 172 had 183bhp). So taking into account the 7% over reading we had that day it's below 400, and that's with the mods.

Plus isn't there something with the M beemers that makes them hard to test on a dyno, doesn't the on board computer stuff know it's not on a real road and stuff things up?