ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rotor Arm/Dizzy Cap/Leads

My cars still not running quite right, so Im gonna buy these bits and see what happens. Dont need any new plugs cos they went in on the last service.

How hard are they to fit myself (me being really not that clever!)

Ive done leads before, a dizzy cap doesnt look too hard. What about the rotor arm.......

Cheers

Tom

Skoda Fabia vRS

piece of piss

if you can open a door you can fit a rotar arm..........even i can do it !

Quote: Originally posted by BRUN on 18 November 2003

piece of piss
if you can open a door you can fit a rotar arm..........even i can do it !
good man, thats what I like to hear!

rotor arm pulls off and the new one goes on, cant f**k it up...

best thing to do is swap the dizzy cap over lead by lead, that way you cant get the leads mixed up in the wrong firing sequence... then fit the cap back on ( 2 screws ) then swap each old lead for a new lead one by one - that way you cant mix them up.

the leads will usually be different lengths, it will be obvious which goes where, longest to the furthest away...

hope that isnt patronising?!:D

na mate, it all helps. Was wondering myself the best way to do it without messing up the firing order.

Thanks

yeah never got it wrong on the clio but i did mess up when i rebuilt the xflow in my 7 and it either wont go or in my case it blows back at you and makes you crap yourself - not something you want to see from the 16v lump

Anyone know the best/cheapest place to buy these parts.......

Seen the Ignition Service kit from HillPower for £88, but I dont need the spark plugs, but it still works out cheaper than buying everything seperately from K-Tec (£91).

ball park figures but halfords... maybe a fiver for the rotor, perhaps £12 for the cap, and a set of bosch leads are £20.

even Ktecs leads are only £50 - doubt they make any difference unless your talking high tuned engine - i know i didnt notice bugger all.

Skoda Fabia vRS

your local Motor World can do you these parts aswell mate

if you live in the North West i can do em for you for a good price

Cheers Nick, think Im just gonna buy the rotor arm and dizzy cap from halfords in town, and see what that does for now.

Ill be emailing you soon though for a price on some engine work for next year.......