ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rough idleing after engine swap

Clio Campus Sport
My 1.2 16v Clio is idling really rough and chugging after an engine swap.
It was purring away yesterday and running fine but this morning it's misfiring. Thought it might be coil pack but there is no egg smell apart from a burst of eggy white smoke this morning after 5 mins of driving but since then nothing.
I'm thinking injector is blocked as when driving it will surge forward with momentary blips of power .
Eml is on and flashes occasionally when I drove it home, abs and handbrake light turn on after few min of driving.
It was raining during most of the engine swap, could water causing this problem?
I've got a code reader so going try that in a bit and maybe test the coil pack.
Do you think I should try injector cleaner?
Or any tests I can do?
Read through a pretty hilarious thread on here about replacing an injector and I'm worried now if it is an injector problem that I won't be strong enough to fit the new one!

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
I had a misfire very similar to yours on my old 1.2. Coil pack was the issue.

You can test if it's a faulty injector by unclipping the injector connections while the engine's idling and if there's no change in engine note then you know that's the faulty one.

Clio Campus Sport
Cool thanks I'll check that
Did a code reading and got faults with the second cyclender misfiring so going to go take coil pack and injectors from the old engine and see if that fixes the problem

Clio Campus Sport
So went to change the coil pack and snapped the last cm of the end of one of them clean off and then it slowmo slipped back down to the spark plug chamber.
Changed the injector that the code was reading for and it seems to have sorted the problem (Yay)
Now how can I get the plastic out from around the spark plug?
Any bright ideas?