ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Clio 197 - f****d after exhaust fix

clio rs 197
Hi,
Car had two new flexi's attached to the manifold yesterday, the garage basically cut the old broken ones off and 'welded' new ones on, looked like a very good job on inspection.

exhaust.jpg

Car drove home fine (around 12 miles trip) and then later on way to shops, pressing gas pedal down car wouldn't accelerate at all unless I floored it, wouldn't rev. After about 10 mins of accelerating hard, car went ok'ish, still pretty lumpy. There were also some very loud banging noises what sounded from passenger side front when car wouldn't accelerate. Check emissions warning light on as well as eml now. Garage who did the job came around to my home and plugged diag machine in, after about 20 mins of messing, they cleared the codes and seemed ok again - said codes were coils 1 and 4. So this morning, car back to driving like s**t again, warning and eml back on. I replaced coil 1&4 but has done nothing.
Any ideas? Surely this is something they must have missed or done when doing the exhaust?
They coming to collect car tomorrow morning to take it in, but I just want to see your thoughts on it, could they have f****d the car up?
Any advice is much appreciated,
Steve

PS - they also say I need a new clutch as they say it was 'whistling??' something clutch bearing and it could go any minute and break the engine. I can't hear any whistling noise, how would I know if clutch is going, all seems fine to me?

Clio Sport 182
Not sure on your coil problem (seems pretty unrelated unless they have done something to the wiring getting the headers out) but welding it with a sick welder is classic!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I can't see too clearly since the pic's not the greatest, but I can see clearly enough to see that those welds look worse than the ones I do 50 metres under water. And they're pretty bad!

clio rs 197
Hi,
Didn't see the codes, they picked the car up this morning and are meant to be dropping it back off this evening so will see if it is all put right...or not...probably say it had
nothing to do with the exhaust....
They changed a turbo for me once on a BMW 530d and that was all good, so hoping all will be put right.

clio rs 197
Car all sorted, drives like a dream and the clutch feels damn good too! Reason car was lumpy is one of the oxygen sensors had broken. Clutch fitted and supplied for £342.00 which
seems really good to me?

Clio 197
Car all sorted, drives like a dream and the clutch feels damn good too! Reason car was lumpy is one of the oxygen sensors had broken. Clutch fitted and supplied for £342.00 which
seems really good to me?
Very good price that, I'm assuming it didn't include the slave cylinder? I paid a little over £800 for a clutch change on mine.

dan's cast offs.
Very good price that, I'm assuming it didn't include the slave cylinder? I paid a little over £800 for a clutch change on mine.

if it's the same place who stick welded the manifold it's probably a transmech clutch at best :tongueclosed::tongueclosed:

clio rs 197
Lol, meant say it did, think this was reason for clutch change - was told clutch slave cylinder bearing was issue of the 'whistling noise'...
Anyway, loving the way the car is driving now, can't fault it.