ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Clio182 FF against Cayman S, E93 M3 and TVR

Clio R.S 182 FF
I’ve just been up in the Elan valley in my RS Clio 182 FF with mates in there Porsche Cayman S (987.2), BMW M3 (E93) and TVR Chimera. What an epic day.

You’ll have to see how the 182 gets on once I’ve edited all the footage. I’ll put it in a YT video on my channel. There were some great (and funny) moments. Will be worth a watch. Here’s a couple of photos from the day.

Attachments

• 694AF9C1-582B-4443-A0B0-7E47007E7015.png
    694AF9C1-582B-4443-A0B0-7E47007E7015.png
    9.3 MB · Views: 229
  • C8DA2E3D-DC99-493D-92E1-DA7B0303B2F3.jpeg
    C8DA2E3D-DC99-493D-92E1-DA7B0303B2F3.jpeg
    307.3 KB · Views: 233
  BG 182 FF
I look forward to seeing this; I've always been a fan of the 987, particularly the gen 2. I'm currently in the market for a 182 FF.

BG 182 FF
I’ve just been up in the Elan valley in my RS Clio 182 FF with mates in there Porsche Cayman S (987.2), BMW M3 (E93) and TVR Chimera. What an epic day.

You’ll have to see how the 182 gets on once I’ve edited all the footage. I’ll put it in a YT video on my channel. There were some great (and funny) moments. Will be worth a watch. Here’s a couple of photos from the day.

Hi Rich, just viewed your recent YT upload....I wish I had space like that for a small fleet of cars! :)

I am just curious to know how long it took you to find a sorted stock 182 FF and was it via this forum or the usual classifieds?
Are there good examples out there amongst the general public or is it best to wait for an enthusiast on one of the motoring platforms?

Clio R.S 182 FF
Hi Rich, just viewed your recent YT upload....I wish I had space like that for a small fleet of cars! :)

I am just curious to know how long it took you to find a sorted stock 182 FF and was it via this forum or the usual classifieds?
Are there good examples out there amongst the general public or is it best to wait for an enthusiast on one of the motoring platforms?
Hi Mark68, difficult time say how long. I’d been monitoring Clio 182’s for around 12 months, but had originally wanted a OEM spec Saxo VTS (had one many years ago). But finally came to the conclusion that they don’t exist any more (which is the way the 17(8)2’s are going). Normally the first or last of the generation are the most sight after (Later 197s grew in size so although good cars are not the old-school low weight!) so I kept looking out for 182’s through the normal channels; Autotrader, PH, FB Marketplace, etc ... I then drove a friends RS Mégane 250 as part of my YT channel and it really blew me away. It was then that I started looking harder. It felt like 95% were modified and of the 5% that weren’t, very few had FSH (and to me that included receipts/invoices, not just stamps!). Then out of the blue, I noticed a 182 on FB Marketplace that apparently was OEM and FSH. Some messaging later I drove across to view the car and more importantly the paperwork. I must have spent 30 mins trawling through an inch thick of receipts. It was comprehensive and robust! A quick test drive later and the deal was done.
What is currently happening to 172s/182s has happened to all hot hatches over the past 30 years I’ve been driving. They get to such a low value that younger drivers are attracted to them (quite rightly) and then want to make them there own by modifying. The market gets saturated with these modified cars and general lack of maintenance (normally due to financials) so the number of clean, OEM spec cars with FSH starts to climb. This is happening now. In 5 years time we’ll look back and not only not believe how cheap they were, but actually how it’s going to be almost impossible to buy OEM spec as owners like I are likely to own for the long term and not put on the open market. My advice is get in now if you want one, as in 5 years time, regardless of the price, you probably won’t be able to find one!

Hi Mark68, difficult time say how long. I’d been monitoring Clio 182’s for around 12 months, but had originally wanted a OEM spec Saxo VTS (had one many years ago). But finally came to the conclusion that they don’t exist any more (which is the way the 17(8)2’s are going). Normally the first or last of the generation are the most sight after (Later 197s grew in size so although good cars are not the old-school low weight!) so I kept looking out for 182’s through the normal channels; Autotrader, PH, FB Marketplace, etc ... I then drove a friends RS Mégane 250 as part of my YT channel and it really blew me away. It was then that I started looking harder. It felt like 95% were modified and of the 5% that weren’t, very few had FSH (and to me that included receipts/invoices, not just stamps!). Then out of the blue, I noticed a 182 on FB Marketplace that apparently was OEM and FSH. Some messaging later I drove across to view the car and more importantly the paperwork. I must have spent 30 mins trawling through an inch thick of receipts. It was comprehensive and robust! A quick test drive later and the deal was done.
What is currently happening to 172s/182s has happened to all hot hatches over the past 30 years I’ve been driving. They get to such a low value that younger drivers are attracted to them (quite rightly) and then want to make them there own by modifying. The market gets saturated with these modified cars and general lack of maintenance (normally due to financials) so the number of clean, OEM spec cars with FSH starts to climb. This is happening now. In 5 years time we’ll look back and not only not believe how cheap they were, but actually how it’s going to be almost impossible to buy OEM spec as owners like I are likely to own for the long term and not put on the open market. My advice is get in now if you want one, as in 5 years time, regardless of the price, you probably won’t be able to find one!
Couldnt agree more.

Hi MrBlonde, I’ve not uploaded the video yet. The first part (it’s two part because of the length) will be posted on my YT channel (Fast and Fun) on Fri 30th Oct, with Part 2 the following Friday 6th Nov.
I’ll attach a link to my YT video of my initial thoughts on my 182 below ....

Enjoyed the first video. Looking forward to seeing the next ones.

BG 182 FF

Hi Rich

Totally agree with all of the above. I have only been looking myself relatively recently as I couldn't justify running a car in London (also, please don't shoot me down but I'm a keen cyclist :) ). I'm now 52, not had a car for ages but had Alfa's, Golf GTI's in the past - all factory standard/OEM parts.

I've been researching online and watching 182 YT uploads (hence how I came across your channel) and I have found some good content, along with vlogs that have a nice example that over the months become transformed into something less appealing imo....inevitably resulting in a track car.
A fair few 182's have arisen on fb this past week or so but the responses I received when asking the usual questions have often been sketchy.
Understandably, these are often from youngsters that have enjoyed the car for a short space of time and good for them too!

I haven't driven a 182 as yet, so I am inexperienced in the fault finding department with these cars but I'm hoping to have a look at a fellow forum members car next week.
It took me a long time to find my mk2 Golf GTI 16V (factory standard, Oak Green, 3 door, bbs, rainbow trim etc), covering a lot of the country to find her.

I've just got to be patient and hopefully the ideal car will show up whilst they're still available and before the prices surge.

All the Best

Mark

ixell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup phase 2
Hi Rich
Sorry but I’m abit slow can you put the link up to me as I would love to watch you video please 👍

Clio R.S 182 FF
Hi Rich
Sorry but I’m abit slow can you put the link up to me as I would love to watch you video please 👍
Hi ixell, the first part (it’s two part because of the length) will be posted on my YT channel (Fast and Fun) on Fri 30th Oct, with Part 2 the following Friday 6th Nov. I’ll post a link here once it’s gone live.

ixell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup phase 2
I tried the intro to part 1 but the Video not working 👍

HaveaCuppa

ClioSport Club Member
Top work on the vid and love the thumbnail with the Clio cocking a wheel(y)(y)

I watched this yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Fantastic roads around your way too. They seem suited to the Clio even when running with the more exotic metal In your video.