ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS200 MPG?

Alibi Blue 200
Was getting about 33, but that was not run in

Edit: Also i didn't really try to up it as well

Your answers will range inbetween;

• Terrible mate. I can't get more than 22 in mine.
  • Not bad at all TBH. I can average 45 all day long (down a steep hill for 100 yards)

Draw a line between 20 & 50, and stick a pin in it.

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Easy 35mpg on decent length runs with some spirited driving, less with stop start and city driving :approve:

Fabia vrs tdi
Why does each car vary so much when it comes to mpg or is it just Renault that are bad for it?

I get 19mpg maybe less in my 182 driving quickly everywhere

^^It's due to driving styles and the routes we all use. They differ. I can and have averaged 33mpg over a tank in my car, yet if I do another weeks driving in totally different conditions, it can and has been as low as 20mpg.

BTW 19mpg in a 182 is pretty much track territory. Slow down! :D

Fabia vrs tdi
lol well i think it's all the traffic lights in the city and flooring it between lights :)

200 miles from £50 of vpower :( and I didn't even go anywhere just around the city, I want a deisel

MCS R56
lol well i think it's all the traffic lights in the city and flooring it between lights :)

200 miles from £50 of vpower :( and I didn't even go anywhere just around the city, I want a deisel

You'd probably not get much better for city driving.

Fabia vrs tdi
A nice cupra tdi on autotrader, if I got a minimum of 30mpg from a deisel in the city I'd be happy.

I might Change my driving style in a deisel maybe lol

Fabia vrs tdi
Well danny, my average speed is something silly like 14mph.

I could get alot better if I changed my driving style but I don't want to, my gf drives very very slowly.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
How is that possible...? My average speed sits at atleast 20-21 all the time and i dont exactly drive like sister teresa

Fabia vrs tdi
I live a few mins from George sq and only place I go is into the city centre, I just assumed it was so low because of all the stopping and starting at traffic lights.

My gf does moan that I floor it at the lights then break for the next red light.

The lowest I ever got from my 182 was 13mpg. That was on track. Rinsing it on road, I never saw less than 27, including lots of town traffic. The 182 is epic on fuel when you consider the performance it offers.

Fabia vrs tdi
Next full tank I'll change my driving style, change gear under 3k and jump gears more often. It will be extremely difficult though :(

LOL if you proper struggle to get more than 19 from a 182, then it's f**ked.

I got more from mine on a 1000 mile trip across Europe with no regard to fuel economy.

Fabia vrs tdi
You ain't seen how I drive it.

On a motorway trip I get 38mpg max 40 I reckon if I use cruise control.

It's honestly just all city driving and driving to fast in lower gears

E90
Im confident you would have to be giving a 182 an absolute tanking to get it that low...! Never between my 172 and 182 have i seen anything under 27mpg :eek:

your_a_fag.jpg

AG 200
27.8mpg in mine and i have'nt reset it since i got and its done around 7.5k miles now. not bad i think.
wife drives it too and from work in the week and i get to 'play' at weekeneds!

Clio 197 BMW Msport
I have been considering a new 200 but just thought Id see if there was much difference in the MPG. The computer in my 182 tells me its averaging about 27MPG when I drive it around tidy (I know you can't trust this but it feels like it's drinking a lot more than that). I guess though that's quite a low average MPG compared to most 182's as I only really use it around town and not many long runs although I filled the tank up to the top, drove a long trip from Aberystwyth - Cornwall until almost empty and it worked out at 33MPG on a long run. This could be the fact that around Mid/West Wales it's pretty much all hills! Just thought my MPG was unusually low compared to what some people say they get, I could only dream of 38MPG! Still not going to complain to much, I guess low MPG comes as standard with a fast car.

Black 182 FF
Your answers will range inbetween;

• Terrible mate. I can't get more than 22 in mine.
  • Not bad at all TBH. I can average 45 all day long (down a steep hill for 100 yards)
Draw a line between 20 & 50, and stick a pin in it.

That could go for any of the 1*2's or the 197/200 tbh and I suppose that's because it's true!

Right i went to cardiff this weekend (about a 350 miles round trip) i set my cruise control above 70 but below a ton and other than the 50mph speed areas i did the same speed all the way. I averaged around 31-34 mpg on the motorway.