ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS200 vs Sport Quattro

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Friend of mine is (slowly) bolting this one back together at the moment:

Image012.jpg

He's doing quite a good job of it, he's had to get a lot of items reproduced though as they arent available new anymore so he bought all the specs and tooling etc off ford for a lot of it to allow new "original" bits to be made.

Bladed ARB for example:
Image014.jpg

Cool cars, but the mk2 astras were better IMHO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9U-jaIrp5U&NR=1

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yes mate, thats Steve-Oldman-Fat's one.

He's properly taking his time over the rebuild though, not uncommon for it to be 6 months or a year for him to track down a part for it, lol

Will be perfection when its done though, he's in the priveledged position of being good friends with all the right people who were involved in the original works cars etc, so he's got access to info the rest of us wouldnt have if we were trying to build one.

He's still on the lookout for another one as well thats just in reasonable condition that he can use a bit more as this one will be too good to really get used in anger I suspect, but as with everything he does, he has to get it at the right price or he isnt interested, he's not got the same "if I want it i'll pay over the odds to get it attitude" that me and you have (sadly I just have the attitude and not the deep pockets though, LOL)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Stunning - both of them.

Audi - look at those lines. Just look! YOU made that car. Granted, you bowed to the 'wants' of heated seats, etc - but it's still so focused and honed as a car. Designers at the 4-Rings Head Office would no doubt throw themselves in droves at the whirling blades of a combine-harvester - than consider something as outrageous and lary as that these days...

Hero spec. And hero price!

D.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
torn between them, but the RS200 is just epic. Even if it's not necessarily the better car.

IMHO the RS200 is by far the better car, it doesnt have an engine installed in the front headlight for example, but it wasnt on the scene long enough to realise its potential as a great platform where as the audi was a very mature development of a poor platform by comparison.