ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RStuner help with set up on my PC!

JP4'd 03 Black VTR
Hi wondering if you could help me I recently purchased a second hand RS tuner, so I will need to buy an unlock code and the map obviously? So I downloaded the latest software onto my PC but I cannot find the driver, just comes up with a message saying VICs not found "please make sure fastchip the VCI is connected to PC/laptop through USB and device driver has been properly installed". and when I try to search with a driver I cant find it? I read on here few things about maybe needing the older software? Not really sure what to do so I emailed fastchip with was the reply...

Hi Laurence,

Connect the interface through USB and run the RSTuner setup. Install legacy drivers.

Please be aware that only firmware 178 or higher can be unlocked for reprogramming.

Hope this answers your questions.

Kind regards, Henk

but I don't really know what this means as I have no idea about computers!!!!!

any help would be grate thanks!

Hi mate, first go to control panel and uninstall fastchip software.

Then connect the rstuner to your PC. Then reinstall the software, during the installation you will get a check box asking if you want to install legacy vci drivers, check it then continue.

JP4'd 03 Black VTR
Oh ok! Because when I installed the RStuner program on my PC I didn't have the RStuner box plug in! Ok I'll try that later! Thanks!

Haha okay, I'm gonna give it a go and see what my mpg drops to. Awesome okay then mate thanks :)

Do you think there'd be any way of being able to switch between them, ie - have 2 switches in the car? I guess you would have to leave the rs tuner plugged in all the time.

Heard a few people talking about that at the muddle go nowhere meet.

Haha okay, I'm gonna give it a go and see what my mpg drops to. Awesome okay then mate thanks :)

Do you think there'd be any way of being able to switch between them, ie - have 2 switches in the car? I guess you would have to leave the rs tuner plugged in all the time.

Heard a few people talking about that at the muddle go nowhere meet.

I've seen mine drop to 22mpg :( But then on Monday driving to work it was about 40mpg :D

The only reason I keep wasting it is because I like hearing the pops ;)

You can swap between them in about two mins as its only 1 calibration file that needs changing, however you need your laptop to do this. It's near enough impossible to do it using switches though :)

Hope all goes well Tom:cool::approve: mine still going great :cheers:

Pat

Thanks Pat, and thanks for lending me the CD again! The map feels so much better than standard!

I've seen mine drop to 22mpg :( But then on Monday driving to work it was about 40mpg :D

The only reason I keep wasting it is because I like hearing the pops ;)

You can swap between them in about two mins as its only 1 calibration file that needs changing, however you need your laptop to do this. It's near enough impossible to do it using switches though :)

Haha I bet I'll be the same :p

Ah that's a shame, maybe I could install the software and route the wires into my CD/DVD player and do it that way lol. Doubt it though.

Cheers for the info anyway, I'll install it tonight on my laptop :)

Haha I bet I'll be the same :p

Ah that's a shame, maybe I could install the software and route the wires into my CD/DVD player and do it that way lol. Doubt it though.

Cheers for the info anyway, I'll install it tonight on my laptop :)

Haha! Nah software only runs on Windows. You could install the rstuner in your car, and get a cheap windows 7 tablet and put the software on that though!

No worries, text me if you get stuck :)

RB Clio 182
Yes, yes you do! I'm swapping to the 98 Ron map tonight, keep wasting all my fuel. If the map works on mine, I'll give you a copy. Then you only need to buy the other map!

Is the pop and bang map as good a map as the 98 ron one, apart from the pops and bangs?

I think id want the pops and bangs map tbh if you still get the gains the 98 ron map gives.

Could you feel the difference between standard map and the pops and bangs map?

Is the pop and bang map as good a map as the 98 ron one, apart from the pops and bangs?

I think id want the pops and bangs map tbh if you still get the gains the 98 ron map gives.

Could you feel the difference between standard map and the pops and bangs map?

Pops and bangs is exactly the same, just with the slight change to make it pop etc.

Yes, difference between standard and the rstuner maps (both 98ron + P&B) is incredible really. Car feels so much more drivable, starts from cold + idles better and the rev limit is changed from 7250 to 7500.

It's worth every penny!

RB Clio 182
Pops and bangs is exactly the same, just with the slight change to make it pop etc.

Yes, difference between standard and the rstuner maps (both 98ron + P&B) is incredible really. Car feels so much more drivable, starts from cold + idles better and the rev limit is changed from 7250 to 7500.

It's worth every penny!

£100 delivered?

Worth a try :)

I am worried that i wouldnt be able to upload it on to my car, i have trouble copying and pasting!

Hehe, I want to keep mine to switch between maps. They always come up for sale on here!

It's really easy mate, if you get one just drop me a PM and I will guide you through it.

I've mapped mine, Pat 182's, and adamjcat's car with a rstuner and I'm currently helping -danman- sort his out, so I'm used to the process now :)

RB Clio 182
Hehe, I want to keep mine to switch between maps. They always come up for sale on here!

It's really easy mate, if you get one just drop me a PM and I will guide you through it.

I've mapped mine, Pat 182's, and adamjcat's car with a rstuner and I'm currently helping -danman- sort his out, so I'm used to the process now :)

thanks mate, i will keep that in mind :)

JP4'd 03 Black VTR
I need some help again I have unlocked my box with the code from Hank, I have not received my map yet so will the box only locked to a car once you have used it to remap that car?? as I have plugged it into my friends car after plugging into mine and I'm worried that it would lock to someone else's car and not mine??? Thanks