ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rstuner

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I bought an secondhand rstuner from someone on here quite a while back and still not used it. Before I buy the unlock code how can I find out if it is already unlocked?

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I bought an secondhand rstuner from someone on here quite a while back and still not used it. Before I buy the unlock code how can I find out if it is already unlocked?

What are you using it for? If it is just diagnostic stuff then does not need unlock code. You only need that if you want to use it to add a map to your car.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I'd like to put the 98 Ron map on really. I've not tried it for diagnostics yet, will it only work on Renaults for diagnostics?

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Dom mine works for diagnostics, I plan to buy the 98 Ron map but haven’t got around to it yet! I also need to buy the abs and airbag modules as it won’t show me the abs fault codes which is annoying.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I think I'm put off spending the cash as I've heard Henk can go Awol on you once you've paid up

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
tbh Henks service can be slow BUT in my experience he always comes through. The last few I've done I've just bought the RStuner new and his service has been spot on with those

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Years ago wasn't he just not giving old files away. To the point where you had to buy a new tuner with a map making the old ones redundant?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Well I hope he comes good then, surely there is a trading standards claim here I'd he won't sell a map after I've paid to get it unlocked.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
All “new” files are encrypted I believe and the old files will only work with the older units, I have a shed load of maps, was abit annoying when we had to pay for the newer maps as well as the unlock, however still the cheapest way to map a near standard car with a half decent generic map.

Just to add I’ve never had a problem with Henk, I have a feeling he just got fed up of dealing with idiots tbh.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Well I hope he comes good then, surely there is a trading standards claim here I'd he won't sell a map after I've paid to get it unlocked.
I'm not sure trading standards cover the Philippines lol

he will deliver, he's been running the business for years and years and the rstuner map is still one of the best mods you can do to a mk2 clio RS

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I bought from him earlier this year. He took a day or 2 but no issues aside from that

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I ran a diagnostics test, got a fair few historical codes but no present, what does my programming history mean?
20210919_172937.jpg
20210919_172712.jpg

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Stupid question but do I have to buy the license and map separately or can I stick them both in my basket?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Dom mine works for diagnostics, I plan to buy the 98 Ron map but haven’t got around to it yet! I also need to buy the abs and airbag modules as it won’t show me the abs fault codes which is annoying.
Get to it Russ, I need some moral support doing this. I've read the procedure but also read about lots of people mucking it up, if there's one thing I can do it's c**k up anything to do with computers and technology.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Get to it Russ, I need some moral support doing this. I've read the procedure but also read about lots of people mucking it up, if there's one thing I can do it's c**k up anything to do with computers and technology.
I will at some point mate, car will be up in the air shortly having beam swapped. So will be spending the Greek national debt on Bilt hamber products first!

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182

I will at some point mate, car will be up in the air shortly having beam swapped. So will be spending the Greek national debt on Bilt hamber products first!
All my effort doing that and I've got areas of rust coming through now😭

Good job it will be easy to drop the beam and fuel tank next time for a revisit

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Not sure what I've done wrong but Fastchip have refunded my order for the 98ron map, ordering is a right faff, beginning to think a proper remap would have been simpler.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
The refund was because my PayPal email address is different to my Fastchip account

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
All my effort doing that and I've got areas of rust coming through now😭

Good job it will be easy to drop the beam and fuel tank next time for a revisit
off topic alert....

Similar results here regarding rust. All the areas I did with Dinitrol or similar are starting to look tired after a year, while all the areas I did with epoxy are still absolutely perfect. Next car I do I will just take everything down to bare metal and epoxy followed by wax.

Is there a GRP N timing map for RS Tuner?

I believe Chris at EFI might be able to do a remote flash... although I don't know how true that is and what hardware you would need to make that possible. Might be simpler than dealing with RS Tuner?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I'll see what his response is, the frustrating bit is the delay in communication. Why he didn't just ask for me to change my payment to wise.com

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
I'll see what his response is, the frustrating bit is the delay in communication. Why he didn't just ask for me to change my payment to wise.com

im just sitting here..smug that I was correct in kicking that particular can down the road! I think I may well just buy a complete new unit sounds much easier!

shame there aren’t more options. I’m not too fussed about the map, but a decent clip clone that is reliable would be super helpful.