ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RT Idle Problem

Revels Mum & Sister
A friend has a 1.4 RT. Recently when the car is warm and he pulls up to a stop at traffic lights the car will stall, and is then a pain to restart. Only when hot though. When the choke is out it is fine, i.e when cold.

Any ideas guys?

M

mini-valver

Coolant temp sensor on the side of the head. 99% sure it'll be that.......

M

mini-valver

No dead easy! Do it when the car is cold though, just unscrew it, plug the hole with your thimb abd screw the new one back in!

S2000
Is your mates RT fuel injection or a carb model? I think there were a very limited number of carb models made in the 1.4 so just wondered with your post about the choke. If its fuel injection though I would agree that the CTS is a good place to start.

M

mini-valver

The injection models have a cold start map wrote into the ECU, which acts as a choke. When the CTS is fooked, it tells the ecu the engine is always cold meaning it runs really rich, as soon as you press the go pedal, it'll stall or really struggle. When you're driving, it's like a massive miss-fire. Hope that helps dude!