ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RT video!!!!

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

I got a digital Video Camera a coupe of weeks ago so I thought Id post a quick movie up here for a laugh. Hopefully the link works cos I messing around with it all last night trying to get it to work!!! If you open up the page below then right click on the Download link and select save target as, you should get it. The quality isnt great because it was a bit dark and Ive compressed it to get the file size down. Unfortunately the run was a bit stuffed cos of an early change from second to third. Im gonna do another one either tonight or tomorrow when it should be a bit lighter. And before you make any negative comments remember its only a 1.4!!!!!:D

http://www.lincoln.coop/links/index.asphttp://www.lincoln.coop/links/index.asp

Its good innit!:D

Ive used some strong gaffa tape to hold it down on the top of the dahsboard directly in front of the steering wheel.

Hey you look to be zipping along there RT owner. Is it a 16v RT or one of the old 8vs? Got any mods? And how fast where you actually going anyway?

Paul

Its a pretty much standard 8v but it has a decent turn of pace. I cant remember what speed I was at near the end. I think it was around 85-90??

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

That 10k boost stuff you can buy in cans, doesnt make the car any faster just cleans out the injectors and sh*t, like a engine cleaner sorta thing. You spray it in the air intake, a load of crap comes out the exhaust which smells terrible and the car just ran more smoothly!

Lovely, is it safe?

Oh and zed, what audio codec are you using on those vids. I downloaded them, but they have no sound. Should they?

Paul

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Nah, my camera dont record sound, only does 20 sec max clips at a time with no sound! Still, gives an idea that the RT can do 0-60 in 10 seconds, I reckon I could get it down to mid-late 9 with a bit of practice on the straight.

The 10k boost is safe, I did it to mine about a year ago, a load of black crap came out the exhaust when I did it but thats it. Basically like an engine flush treatment, twas £20 for 2 cans when I bought it.

mk2 172

cool mate:), just been and made a vid of me on a nice bendy road in the saxo, had a little bit of a brisk drive, nowt to dangerous on the bends though as its two way and the road seemed a bit slippy, but im not to convinved by the saxo tyres and ride height either. regarding ben js video i see what he means about things not looking majorly quick on film, im doin over the ton when i brake for the first corner and the car steps out a bit but it all looks a bit conservative on film!

Do you make "special" videos of you and your Saxos exhaust and sell them for £4.99 at your local car boot sale? But odviosly sell them out of the Williams as the temptation for a live show would be to great? If not, you got a twin! ;)

And by that, does your Saxo get bored easily aswell?...get it? no? God I am wasted...but not litterally.

Paul

mk2 172

by the looks of it you get bored easily too cos you browse every post looking for something funny to write at the end of it:)

The camera I bought was £100. This is with only 16Mb of onboard memory. I paid about £45 for 128Mb of extra memory which is good for around 40mins of audio and visual. The quality isnt brilliant but for the price you cant really go wrong.

mk2 172

is that the roundabout not too far from doddongton on tne main road in lincoln? or am i totally in the wrong place.

Your in totally the right place Craggy! Its from Skellingthorpe road onto the ring road (A46). Its a nice little run off the roundabout if you miss the traffic.

zedx19 - The camera is a Pocket DV2. i got it from http://www.Firebox.comwww.Firebox.com, but Ive since found out that I could have got it cheaper using my mates trade account with a local PC supplier. DOH!:(

Rick

mk2 172

thats the name of the road! i was trying to think of skellingthorpe road, just down the road from all thos college girls he he

mk2 172

i worked at the level crossing(boultham) for a few days, some fine examples walking around there, job took 3 times as long as it should:cool:

Just did another vid on the way home of a race with a Mondeo but the batteries ran out half way through.:(

Hoping to get some decent ones recorded tomorrow as Ive got a nice 100 mile round trip to do.

Rick