ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ruined!..

Renault Clio 1.2 RN
Had a nasty run in with an express delivery van driver lunch time yesterday. Pulled straight out of a junction without slowing, and straight in to my passenger side door.
Window went through, doors lock system broken, sills aren't to bad mainly just external bodywork, rear panel scratched and dented in.
To make things worse the driver of the van tried claiming it was my fault, was very inconsiderate and the moment he saw that i was a young driver attempted to walk all over me. Managed to get two witness details both claiming it was no fault of my own and he was entirely in the wrong which was a huge relief.

Only details I got from HIM however were a name (Paul) and his registration as he drove off in a flurried storm. Luckily the registration brought up all his details when provided to my insurance company.

Only had the car a month this friday, and had just about saved enough money to start doing some mods to it.. Thats been put on hold until this is sorted, waiting for contact from the company repairing her and to receive my courtesy car.

Absolutely devastated..

Heres a few pictures of the damage:
]
245.jpg
[

255.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

265.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

259.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks for looking.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Its only needing a door/window and the lock system sorted. This could make you some money if you buy it back etc

Listerine & Poledo
total loss, not worth buying back. There's plenty of cheap clios out there that wont have a Cat C/D/(letter?) mark against them.

Also, this is why it's not worth doing modzzzzz to a shopping trolley. Imagine if you had poured your money into it just for this prang to happen :(

Replace the car, then start stacking up your money for when insurance on a "faster"/"better"/"Mo baller" car isn't wallet-rapingly expensive. Indeed, when you think "oo, I could get that big exhasut, it's only £150!!!", take that money and put it somewhere you cant get to it, save it for the next car

Bad luck though dude, at least the insurers have got the bloke

I have a passenger side door off a trophy its Bare but comes with glass and door lock system.

Needs -:

Window regulator/motor
bump strip
wing mirror
Doorcard
outside handle.

Most of which can come from the scrap door.

Give me a shout if its any use to you.

Had a similar problem a few weeks ago, not quite as bad as yours. The damage was valued at 1,300, that was for a new wing and door. They valued my car at over 2k luckily so it's in to be fixed at the moment. My best guess is thats a right off too..

I hope you reported this accident to the police...

Altho he initially stopped, the fact he left no details means he could be prosecuted for failing to stop and failing to report, and possibly driving without due care.

In most cases I wouldn't dream of involving the police, but clearly the driver didn't care about you or your safety, not only that his company will have a standard procedure to follow in case of an accident, and he clearly didn't follow it.

It's fair to say people make mistakes, but the attitude of some people in these situations really makes my blood boil.

Renault Clio 1.2 RN
Insurance company are sending somebody over tuesday to have a look at the car, estimate the damage cost and whether or not to write it off. Miss driving already.

total loss, not worth buying back. There's plenty of cheap clios out there that wont have a Cat C/D/(letter?) mark against them.

Also, this is why it's not worth doing modzzzzz to a shopping trolley. Imagine if you had poured your money into it just for this prang to happen :(

Replace the car, then start stacking up your money for when insurance on a "faster"/"better"/"Mo baller" car isn't wallet-rapingly expensive. Indeed, when you think "oo, I could get that big exhasut, it's only £150!!!", take that money and put it somewhere you cant get to it, save it for the next car

Bad luck though dude, at least the insurers have got the bloke

This was what I thought at the time if im honest, I never planned on spending hundreds and hundreds on it just enough to get it looking a little more tasteful/cleaner.

Had a pot put away for a clio sport 182/172 for a while now, money goes in never comes out unless its to buy one is the attitude that seems to be working ;)

Thanks for the advise.

Its only needing a door/window and the lock system sorted. This could make you some money if you buy it back etc
Yeah, 100% going to be a write off mate.

Just buy it back from them.

May sound stupid, but what do you mean buy it back? I dont really know how this sort of stuff works.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Citylink?

I got my car repaired by my own garage, instead of the cost being 3-4x that if it had been at the insurance garage. The car never got categorized and I got to keep it.

However the reason I chose to do that was because my excess was so large it would eliminate the payout to the extent that I wouldn't be able to get a new car. If your excess is small then it'd just be easier to take the payout.

Renault Clio 1.2 RN
Citylink?

I got my car repaired by my own garage, instead of the cost being 3-4x that if it had been at the insurance garage. The car never got categorized and I got to keep it.

However the reason I chose to do that was because my excess was so large it would eliminate the payout to the extent that I wouldn't be able to get a new car. If your excess is small then it'd just be easier to take the payout.

CityLink! Thats the one!..

I take it thats claiming from your own insurance?

Im claiming from his, as hes been put through as fully at fault; with 2 witnesses willing to back that up. So for me Im not too worried about the cost of repairs as long as it isnt so much to write it off.

S4 Avant
The delivery driver will lose his job.

courier companies are very intolerant with drivers and accidents, which explains his mood with you

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, when I had to repair mine the other side were yet to accept liability - I had to wait a year and two months for that!

Problem is the insurer's garage will quote a stupidly large bill to repair the car, which is why I went to an independant garage that quoted a sensible amount and avoided the car being written off.

Renault Clio 1.2 RN
The delivery driver will lose his job.

courier companies are very intolerant with drivers and accidents, which explains his mood with you

Oh really? Makes him seem a little more reasonable now then..

Still no need for it though. :dapprove:

Renault Clio 1.2 RN
Im really hoping that doesnt happen with me, thats a hell of a long time to wait!

Thanks for the info though, may be what I resort to.